[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys manage to do productive stuff that you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1452344549931.png (10KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452344549931.png
10KB, 640x480px
How do you guys manage to do productive stuff that you don't /need/ to do instead of shitposting or playing video games?

Like how do you find the motivation?
>>
File: 1452328553815.png (7KB, 423x280px) Image search: [Google]
1452328553815.png
7KB, 423x280px
>>17755763
bump
>>
Wish I fucking knew. I have so much shit to do and just can't.

>need to send some sort of paperwork to student loan guy or I'm in deep shit
>need to go to dmv and register vehicle
>tried, went to library to print insurance card, it was fucking closed on a friday and so was dmv
>have to apply for jobs, send an ap here and there
>need to get new version of a document
>try, really fucking try
>website that is supposed to be nation wide doesn't work for my specific city because fuckery and bullshit and incompetent nigger politicians
>have to get health insurance
>need to seriously clean everything and prepare for moving
>have to sell or get rid of two items
>just can't be pissed
>half the days can't even manage to brush my hair

I think it's because my everyday life is monotonous and shitty and is like a neverending timeloop of suffering and stagnation where nothing ever changes or happens. I'm trying to change that but I need my shit in order first.
>>
It's something I've been struggling with, but I've found slowly trying to do things one day at a time helps.

For example, I've always wanted to learn another language, so what I did was set aside what time I'd usually use to shit post, and instead go to the library or some other quiet place and study.

After a while, I found myself focusing on improving and being productive and not wasting time. Though I'm still a long ways from where I want to be
>>
I make a list and make myself do those things.
>>
File: 1416509022474.jpg (75KB, 800x751px) Image search: [Google]
1416509022474.jpg
75KB, 800x751px
Motivation follows actions.

Realize whatever important shit there is that you need to get done. Right a list of them down. Use google calendar or something equivalent and manage your time effectively to get them done, leaving yourself enough time for spillover or just time in between to not furiously jump from task to task. The schedule is your slave, not your master.

Do the tasks no matter how you feel. Start off with a small handful for a short amount of time. Gradually add more time to these tasks. Then start adding more tasks, etc.

First step is just doing it regardless of how you feel. This is the most important aspect of being productive. You can't wait around for motivation. Motivation is nice when it happens, but you can't depend on it.

Motivation typically follows action. You'll feel much better after you go and clean your room, do the dishes, mow the lawn, work on that homework, read that chapter of the book etc. than if you just sit on your ass all day shitposting on 4chan, which you're all too familiar with since you're making this thread.

Now go out there and be somebody, faggot
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.