[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What turns people into monsters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0193.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I think I am having a conflict of character. I am very tormented and conflicted inside.

A part of me wants to be kind to people and help and learn. Another part wants to just say fuck it and pursue unending power. Just tell people to fuck off and to just die or get outta my way.

Why am I like this? What makes a person this way? A I have to tell myself every morning I get up that "being a good person is worth it" even though I don't believe it.

Help. The conflict is leaving me exhausted. What turns good people bad? Or was the person never good to begin with?
>>
>>17755737

TV. you arent a monster, ur just an ego centric little kid.

both of your options are extremes that imply you're the main character in the universe, either becoming the hero that saves us all, or the villain who takes over the world.

thats not being a monster, thats being pretentious.
>>
>>17755737
That's you're rationality trying to speak. Someone who never thinks about doing a bad thing isn't good, because being good is making the choice to do good, even though you could do bad.

That said, do what's best for you. If some fucker you'll never see again asks for some change, fuck them. You gain nothing. But if a friend asks for a favor, it is actually in your best interest to help them usually
>>
>>17755746
I don't feel very pretentious though. Don't feel particularly heroic either. I just feel like i am stuck fighting against myself.
>>
>>17755751

>i dont feel very pretentious

neither do hipsters.
>>
I guess what bothers me intensely is just sitting with my thoughts. I just want peace in my mind but the endless conflict torments me. I know right and wrong but what do you do when what's right is what always hurts you?
>>
I know what you're saying. You sound young, and so the way you describe it comes off sounding tryhard.

But yes, the conflict is real. I genuinely enjoy helping people, it makes me happy. I also genuinely enjoy hurting people, physically and emotionally. It's something I chalk up to being a product of my environment.

The trick is to find ways to indulge both responsibly. I became an EMT, because a) I get to save lives and have a sense of purpose, and b) I get to watch people die and that kinda gets me off. I'm also looking into competing in mixed martial arts, so that I can wail on people in an appropriate setting.

You don't have to be one or the other, everyone is a bundle of grey lines. It's confusing, and I had a lot of trouble with the "help/hurt" duality when I was younger. Stop pressuring yourself to feel one way or the other, it's OK to feel both.
>>
>>17755737
> pursue unending power.
>Just tell people to fuck off and to just die or get outta my way.
>unending power
Yeah good luck with that mentality lmao.
>>
File: yIYPTx0.gif (1MB, 370x288px) Image search: [Google]
yIYPTx0.gif
1MB, 370x288px
>>17755970
>2016
>unending power
>asking advice on 4chan
mate not gonna happen this is real life not an mmorpg just do what fuckin makes you happy thats all life is.
>>
>>17755746
/thread
>>
>>17755746

fpbp
>>
>>17755737
The reason you act this way is because you know in your mind that you're at the bottom of the social totem pole.

Imagine if you went a period of time without food and everyone around you had some. Once you got hungry enough you'd come to two options... make friends with others or steal from others.

You'll help people until you become desperate for whatever social end you're looking for. Then you'll switch tactics and act like an asshole. That will harm your reputation and you'll repeat this inner turmoil until you get lucky enough to satisfy your urge.
>>
>>17755737
Do eagles feel bad about gutting bunny rabbits for dinner, of course not. The birds just hungry is all. You're a predator. There's no shame in it until the weaker of your species start whining and threatening to call the cops. I didn't do anything wrong. He was looking to get his shit kicked in and my number came up. What are all you staring at?
>>
File: 1478291124282.png (190KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
1478291124282.png
190KB, 373x327px
>>17757066
>>
>>17755737
Read Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Your dilemma is nothing new.
>>
sounds like you're overthinking just being a person. stop fucking caring so goddamn much and stop cutting up your traits into good and bad categories based on some social conditioning shit.

you can both be nice to people and also pursue power. it's called being a normal fucking person. just don't be an asshole and don't try to kill your own ambition.

you aren't some special snowflake with some fucking demon in you. you're normal, you just think wayyyy too damn much.
>>
I recommend you sacrifice yourself. You are nothing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.