[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accountant as a Career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: Autism.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
I need some general advice on becoming an accountant, fucked my life up real bad, I have one shot to go back to University this spring and my parents told me to shoot for a stable career. I'm 20 years old if that helps.

Any books, or information, I'm already scouring the web, anything would be appreciated. I'm hoping to become a financial or tax accountant, starting with a simple job to be able to support myself and my parents, while also taking part time classes to get my bachelors (this is after the associate degree).

Once I get my bachelors I want to obtain my CPA certification (certified public accountant) so I can manage my own businesses finances as well.

Any accountants or MBAs out there who care to clue me in on anything? I'm probably going to be working until I'm at least 30 before trying to open my own business.
>>
File: 1478823463284.png (4MB, 3600x4522px) Image search: [Google]
1478823463284.png
4MB, 3600x4522px
bump
>tfw no snek family
>>
>>17755726
Why are you deciding on accounting? Have you ever read an accounting book? Do you know what it entails? What makes you want to go into accounting in particular and not into finance or economics?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself. You need to really know what you're getting yourself into. Pick up an accounting book and skim through it. Read two or three pages of random chapters and look at the problems you will be solving.

My gf is majoring in accounting and will be graduating next semester. She also wants to go into taxes.

Accounting is extremely tedious shit man, and aside from that it's extremely competitive.
>>
>>17755726
>fucked my life up
>20

Dude Im not sure exactly what happened, but if you're able to still post on /adv/ and go back to school there's no way you fucked up that bad if you're only 20.

Regardless, why do you need to support your parents if you're 20? That sounds ridiculous. You aren't the parent in this situation.
>>
File: 1477794495201.png (804KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477794495201.png
804KB, 495x720px
>>17755820
Dealing with extremely tedious things is the only thing I am good at.

I'll answer both in one fell swoop.
>>17755829
I'm the son of poor immigrant parents, my home is currently rent free one bedroom apartment where seven other family members live. They are sick of the mind, one needs to be nursed daily, my parents have their own medical issues but its basically an uber driver supporting these people.

Growing up my brothers used to help me with school work and paper work until they got sick of it. My parents could never do it because they didn't know how, and my mother who finally learned got run over by a car when I was 10 suffering traumatic brain injury, no more cognitive function.

I helped with my parents applying for financial aid to go back to school, I helped my parents apply for welfare benefits, handled their health care policies, I left their bankruptcy to my brother because he knew the lawyer personally, and handled my own financial aid quite well until suffering a mental breakdown from the home dynamic. This just skims the surface of the bureaucratic bullshit I've had to put up with, court summons, little tickets, essentially, I know its considered normal or light work in the accountant work but by normal standards I did well for someone who did not know jack shit and had to learn everything by themselves with no guidance.

Look, my main focus is myself. But I can't ignore my parents age or their failing health. I'm $25,000 in the hole from dropping out of Uni and going back (forced) after not getting mental health help, I'm better now, I need to get the ball rolling.

Mental health is a luxury, good living is a luxury, everything is a luxury to me now, including education.

Any advice regarding accounting is appreciated. I'm already doing my own research and readings as well.
>>
File: 1475450949620.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475450949620.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
bump
>>
>>17755726
are you a guy or girl?
>>
>>17756200
benis :DDD fugg XDD

Guy. I don't have looks going for me, only work ethic.
>>
File: 1478708362958.png (91KB, 1080x467px) Image search: [Google]
1478708362958.png
91KB, 1080x467px
Ill let it die after this post.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.