[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't have fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: nfa.png (228KB, 292x310px) Image search: [Google]
nfa.png
228KB, 292x310px
I can't seem to have fun or feel any enjoyment. I've felt this way for over a year now. I've spoken to some doctors about it and have even done sessions with a psychologist, but they can't seem to help me. The doctor prescribes me different antidepressants and the psychologist keeps saying "fake it 'til you make it" while giving me a list of "fun" things to do and weekly goals. None of it seems to be working. I have no motivation because it feels like there's never any reward for anything I do.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone in the past? Any reply would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>17755135
OP here. I forgot to mention the term is called anhedonia if that helps
>>
I have a suggestion:
Just keep doing what you've been doing. In the end it's all about the times you had, and not worrying about where your mind put you in the moment. Try everything and don't give up, there's something out there that will entertain you. You just need to go out there and find it.
>>
>>17755161
Thank you for your reply Anon. I don't really worry about it intensely, but recently I have been thinking to myself "at what point do I give up? it's been over a year with no progress"
>>
>>17755135
There was a House MD episode where two people couldn't experience any enjoyment because of some kind of exotic virus. Worth looking into, maybe.

Have you tried drugs? Maybe some acid (or magic shrooms if you're scared of chemical stuff) could reset your brain. People have changed because of trips. I know drugs sounds like bad advice, but if the alternative's giving up altogether... (oh don't mix acid/shrooms with antidepressants obviously).
>>
>>17755187
Listen, I like you. You seem like a good guy, but all of that shit you just said was garbage.

OP, when it's your literal LIFE on the line, there isn't a giving up point. You only get one of those, and one year is 1% of that life. Keep going, keep pushing, you can't just tap out of this. We're all out here battling something, the truly happy ones are the ones that have been against the rope 90% of the time. Just be sure to look out for that .10 and don't fall for shortcuts in this, because most of them are dangerous or just plain ridiculous.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.