[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suicidal but can't take a break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1476944721925.jpg (50KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
1476944721925.jpg
50KB, 499x488px
I have so much shit wrong with me. I want to stop going to college and get intensive therapy. I'm afraid, at the rate I'm going, I'm not only going to burn myself out, but I'm going to fucking kill myself, too. It's getting really bad. I can barely take care of myself, let alone attend class or do work.

I have scholarships. If I stop, I'll lose them. I'll lose this chance to go to college. My parents won't help me go to college if I quit. I'll need to work. I can't work.

I'm stuck. What do I do? How can I just power through three more years of this? How do I stop myself from putting a bullet in my brain?
>>
Have you tried regular, non-intensive therapy? I've been in your position, and though I'm not a whole lot better now, I credit therapy with possibly saving my life. There are antidepressants that help with anxiety as well, talk to a doctor about it. A GP can prescribe antidepressants or refer you to a psychiatrist.

Does your school have any kind of mental health services? Try and find out, maybe they're free for students. If you've got insurance that covers it, try and get referred to a therapist who specializes in what you're going through.

Therapy helps, anon. I know it's hard to get yourself to go but it's so, so worth it.
>>
>>17755123
I've had a psychiatrist since the start of middle school. I've been on medication since middle school. I've gone through therapy multiple times, for years at a time. None of that is new territory for me.

You're right, though. I should talk to a therapist. I just worry that this time, it won't be enough to get me through three years of intensive school.
>>
OP some people are just to fragile for university

just get a oil field job or something
>>
>>17755466
I can almost promise that if I stop pursuing my goals, that'll push me over the edge for sure. It's the only reason why I'm still alive, honestly.
>>
>>17755477

what are your goals in life exactly? I mean how do you imagine yourself in 20 years?
>>
>>17755489
20 years? I'll be an established screenwriter for TV, likely in LA unless "TV" means Netflix-type shows, in which case I'll be wherever I need to be. Maybe even have successfully pitched a show of my own by then. Certainly I'll be trying.

I want to tell stories. That's what brings me happiness.
>>
I dropped out and lost everything you speak of, moved, everything got 10 times worse, got the hell away from that place but fought with suicidal urges and panic attacks and rage for months.

So I finally got a job starting in a couple of days and pretty optimistic. Saving up to go to Uni again. My family won't like it so this path won't be without resistance but this is what keeps me going so shit looks like there's no other way.

No advice here (except maybe deep breathing exercises. helped me out quite a bit) but hang in there and we are gonna make it
>>
Slightly related, but I didn't want to make a separate thread.
When is it 'acceptable' or advised to see a psychiatrist? I've been having some 'moodswings' lately, where I've went from feeling on top of the world to feeling worthless and lacking all self-esteem. Also, if I decide to go, how do I hide/justify it to my family and gf?
Any tips/experiences?
>>
>>17755500

Buddy you need a fucking reality check, if you cannot stand a fucking college how the fuck would you be able to work in the mother fucking show biz

anyway you can already send your crap to some short stories magazine and see what happen
>>
>>17755513
Yes, I'm well-aware of that fact. Hence the whole, feeling suicidal aspect.
>>
>>17755510
bump
>>
>>17755085

most people just power through. thats what powering through is, there is no secondary definition that explains how, its sheer willpower.

that being said if you cant your options are this
>die
>lose your scholarships

the fact that you dont view it this way tells me you probably aren't suicidal. if you were you'd realize you HAVE to stop or you'd die.

you've created a logical flaw in your life. if you were suicidal you wouldn't worry about losing scholarship... cuz you'd lose em if you were dead.
>>
>>17755510
anyone?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.