[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to decide what job I want?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1478126430068.jpg (3MB, 4080x5436px) Image search: [Google]
1478126430068.jpg
3MB, 4080x5436px
>tl;dr 24 and well educated, but have a shit job. Can think of no realistic career options that will make me happy. What do?

I recently completed my MSc but for various reasons it won't directly lead to a job, even though I have always got top grades (first class at BSc, distinction at MSc). I applied for about 15 university jobs, but didn't manage to even get to the interview stage for any of them. Therefore, for the timebeing I've gone full-time at the bartending job I've had for the last couple of years and live with my parents. They don't charge me for rent or food so it's a pretty comfy arrangement where I manage to save at least a couple of hundred pounds each week. I have no problems with the job and genuinely enjoy the opportunity to mix with 'real people' instead of the typical middle-class uni crowd.

However, in recent weeks I've been feeling pretty down about my life, like I'm a loser. I meet up with old friends who are in proper graduate jobs and earn twice as much as me, and feel embarrassed about what I'm doing. I know that my life is at a bit of a dead end at the moment - I've not been with a girl for years, and won't be able to bring anyone home while I still live with my parents, for example. It's not the case that I don't think I'm able to get any other job, I just genuinely can't think of any realistic career option that I'd enjoy. I desperately want to spend my days doing something that is rewarding (and, let's be honest, well-paid), but I can't think of anything that I would enjoy.

So how do I figure out what I want to do? Or, at least, how do I stop feeling bad about going nowhere career-wise? I want to feel like my life has direction again.
>>
You're living in late capitalism in a globalized society, in a country that profits the most from said globalism.

If you can't "make it", and don't understand what you're supposed to be happy with, just go live in a hole in the ground and eat roots and berries, and give everything you have to someone who deserves it.
>>
>>17754992
Please never give advice to anyone ever again.
>>
>>17754986
Think about stuff that interests you and how you can make that into your profession. Many people work shit jobs, don't worry what people think.
>>
>>17755014
My interests don't really lead to jobs, unfortunately. Like many people, my hobbies include sports (my MSc is sports-related), music, literature, cinema, etc, but these aren't things I can realistically pursue as career options.
>>
File: 1456997670213.jpg (137KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456997670213.jpg
137KB, 720x960px
>>17755392
Could you not work for television start of as a runner for a production and if your smart you can build connections with that industry or if you can't be bothered learn a trade. There are plenty of things too do OP just have a good think
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.