[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Skandynavia strange?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Hello Guys,
I am planning to apply for studies to Skandynavian universities (like Norway, Sweden etc...).
I love the country climate, nature and landscape.
However I have heard that ppl there are kind of quiet, do not talk much, try to avoid strangers.
They are very secretive and try to avoid anything that might be personal.
I am kind of energetic guy, who likes to get to know many ppl and have quite few friends.
I am not like a party person and all that, but Like to have many close friends with who I can talk with about anything.
Living in UK right now, and I find brits kind of... different when it comes to interacting with ppl.
I am Polish btw, so you might get the idea of the culture and how we are.
So Would the Skandynavia be wrong place for me?
>>
>Polish in Scandinavia
You won't be the first
>>
>>17753123
Well I do know that mate. XD
But I am talking about citizens there, not Polish migrants.
>>
>>17753090
You'll be fine. Specially in universities.
>>
I'd suggest learning how to spell the name before considering moving.
>>
>>17753245
No time for that.
>>
>>17753090
Scandinavia might be strange for foreigners but I want polish bf so pls come here
>>
>>17753530
Send nudes
>>
>>17753680
u first
>>
>>17753686
No freaking way... If there is other way that I can contact you. As long as you are not a whale.
>>
>>17753690
come to Sweden
If I was a whale do you think I would be posting on this site? srsly?
>>
>>17753696
Well, dunno, It is 4chan. Well will see where I am going to be accepted for PhD. (contact?)
>>
>>17753701
How would a whale be using a computer though? Computers break when they go under water
>>
>>17753720
I thought you going to say that computers break when whales sit on them. But yeah. Both statements are true.
>>
>>17753090
You mean racists, just like the Polish. But yeah, it's true that they are less open than Polish people or just any other European people. But like anon said, because you're a student you'll be fine.
>>
>>17753739
>But yeah, it's true that they are less open than Polish people
What is your source for saying that you mysoginistic scum? We are known to be very tolerant of other nationalities and some people even call us the moral superpower
>>
>>17753747
I got my source at suckmydick.now
>>
>>17753762
You can't even give me a source on your pathetic racist statement about Swedish people. You're probably an American Trump supporter. And I got that information on youshouldbeashamedofyourself.now
>>
>>17753768
Hahaha what do you even mean by a source? That's the idea we have about Scandinavia in Belgium. Us Belgians we're pretty "tolerant" too on the outside but really there's this hidden racism going on and we're hypocrites about it. Same thing in Scandinavia.

Less open meaning that if you get to come over to someone's house, which is already rare to begin with, they won't offer you anything to eat or even drink. You have to bring your own.

It's just cultural differences tho. Don't be so salty about it. Dick.
>>
>>17753791
The only reason you don't give away drinks for free is because you're watered down franco-kankers and you'd rather charge for the privilege. Y'all invented capitalism, why wouldn't anyone be stupid enough not to expect getting kiked worse than a vacation to Tel Aviv?
>>
>>17753815
Dude like what are you even saying to me right now
>>
>>17753791
by source I mean where did you hear that? Have you been to Sweden? Belgains aren't tolerant btw. Well not compared to us. In Sweden we don't have a hidden racism going on, we sincerely want to help the refugees. If they come to your house you give them food, drink and sometimes even shelter. Maybe you should visit Scandinavia before passin judgements bigot
>>
>>17753861
Dude... I am OP, and upper comments are not mine, I don't know, Just have heard it from ppl, and based on like... I don't know some random websites.
>>
>>17753861
You're still racists tho
>>
>>17753870
OH no wait... I realised u can see that I am OP... but yeah I have seen it on some websites. XD
>>
>>17753696
>If I was a whale do you think I would be posting on this site
lmao whale detected
>>
>>17753871
I'm not a racist I think you're a racist and you're projecting that on me. Scandinavia is a non-racist place we don't care about race here unlike you baguette people.
>>
>>17753878
>implying whales have acces to computers
how on earth would it be possible for a whale to post here?
>>
>>17753894
landwhales have access to computers alright.
>>
>>17753090
I'm British and I lived in Sweden for about 7 years. They are a lot more reserved than us with strangers, but once you crack the exterior (and it's not hard) they really are great people. A lot of it is regional like England, Gothenburg is very friendly like the north of UK and Stockholm seems a little full of posers, but I didn't spend very long there.

Danish people are more fun, the ones I met anyway. Really friendly and a wicked sense of humour. Alcohol seems to be an essential social lubricant in Scandinavia more than anywhere I've been. It's cheaper in Denmark, so maybe that's why they're more easy going. Only met a few Norwegians, our humour didn't click and they had some weird mannerisms.

Check out The Local website for Sweden, I found it when I was living there. They have a lot of articles about Swedish habits and culture, they're pretty accurate from my experience. Some great forums too discussing life with the Scandinavians.
>>
>>17753894
Most decent phones are waterproof these days.
>>
>>17753861
There is hidden racism, at least amongst the 30/40yr old Swedes I know and my experience in Sweden. The problem is your media are so afraid of being politically incorrect, they're covering up crime figures and warping statistics. The hidden racism is kind of a backlash to this.
>>
>>17753090
>However I have heard that ppl there are kind of quiet, do not talk much, try to avoid strangers.
>They are very secretive and try to avoid anything that might be personal.
This is hyper true to point where probaly you cant even imagine, esp for Sweden and Finnland. Danish not so much though.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.