/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best friend and I have been arguing for a few months. Stopped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1477867693322.gif (557KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477867693322.gif
557KB, 400x400px
Best friend and I have been arguing for a few months. Stopped talking over the last month. She hit me up wanting to be cool, we argued for a bit but finally we agreed. I told her she needs to put some effort into our friendship because that was one of the main issues.

Well, last time we spoke was Tuesday, she said she would try to take some time this Thursday to see me, and if she couldn't Thursday that it would be soon. I haven't heard from her since Tuesday, but she's actively posting on Snapchat and Instagram so it's not like she's unable to even say "Hey". How long should I wait for her to talk to me before I decide to fuck off?

Also, I know I'm putting a lot of this on her when I could message her at any time and get a response, but I initiated conversation the last two times we spoke and like I said I told her she needs to put in effort
>>
>>17752916
The very fact that you are so obsessed is shown because you are meticulously keeping track of who initiates conversation with who.

Just calm the fuck down. If she is a friend, you will hang out when you hang out.

It sounds, though, like you perceive a greater closeness than friendship.

It might help to drop the hostility and accept that she has more in her life than just you.
>>
>>17752931
I appreciate the input but I don't agree. She has issues putting effort into friendships, relationships, etc so of course I'd notice if I was the only one of us two messaging the other. I expect some form of closeness because we've been best friends since high school, bar the last two months, but there's nothing more than that. I understand she has a lot going on but if she is the one saying she'll take time to see me how much leeway should I give her?
>>
>>17752946
And I appreciate you not going into defense mode instantly and explaining the situation, however,

From my perspective you are not really acting like a male. It sucks to lose a friend but it can happen. Responding in the way that you are is only going to push her further away. It seems like you are being a parent rather than a friend.

If you have feelings for her, I totally get it.

Otherwise, deal with the pain and move on. Why get bitter over someone who isn't who you used to know?
>>
>>17752956
Nah that makes sense and it's something I've been telling myself for a while but I wanted to give her another chance because she claims she's changed since we were arguing.

I used to have feelings but that ended when I found out she has no issues cheating on her boyfriends and is otherwise a toxic partner.

Thanks for the /adv/, buddy.
>>
>>17752965
That's all it is, friend.

Advice. Take it or leave it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.