[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nursing Masters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1475010304199.png (447KB, 1182x904px) Image search: [Google]
1475010304199.png
447KB, 1182x904px
I'm a 31 year old married man with a 2 year old working night shift at a hospital. I have my bachelor's, and my hospital will pay 80% of my costs to get my masters.

Should I get my NP, which is basically a doctor who works under a doctor's licence, it's where the money is and lots of jobs.

Or my Nursing Informatics degree? This specializes in systems used in hospitals as far as end user experience for the nurse at the bedside (computers).

I love computers and where I work the head honcho of NI wants me to replace him, but in 5 years when he retires. The money will be less than an NP.

I'm so tired of bedside nursing. Too little nursing and too much legal bull and inservices and idiotic charting. I'll be working full-time and getting the degree mostly online.

Any ideas would be great.
>>
>>17752464
NP is not only more money, it's where the action is, especially as budgets get cut and more of what has been doctors' work is shifted to nurses and NPs.

But it also is bedside nursing plus added responsibility, and if you don't have an almost religious "calling" to work with patients, you might be happier working with computers.
>>
>>17752464
Currently a military lab tech/medic, working towards PA.

I'd say get into informatics. I have a background in IT beforehand and that is the way of the future for medicine. It may not pay as much now but I guarantee there will be a demand for it coming down the years.

NP route, I guess that depends how much you like patient care. The autonomy thing is cool and the pay is awesome too.
>>
Might be better off with informatics mate. It's less money than NP but is less stress and the hours won't be as grueling than as an NP, which is very important given that you've got a kid to raise.
>>
>>17752464
Yes you should my father makes good money
>>
Hey OP , recent nurse graduate here. How come you don't like the bedside? What unit you been working?

As a side note, I start work in an level 2 trauma center ER in January. Any general nursing advice you can share? I'm 23 years old and a male if that helps
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.