[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choosing the right path in life,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (855KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
855KB, 1920x1280px
I used to be a top student. After acing in every subject in high school, and get funded for further study. so everyone is hoping for me to choose a good course to study. So i studied engineering in the uni and everyone was proud. but after a while, i dont like it. Its been 3 years i've been skipping classes and i got warned few times to be kicked out of the course. It never interest me and i think if i ever did finished my degree, iwill never like my job.

Thinking back, what really interest me is literature. More like any people i know. I always talked to my friend about books i read, eventhough they dont really understand them. When in school, i always looked forward for the literature classes. I liked writing very much eventhough i dont have any skills. However, i thinks its too late for me now since i've already 3 years in engineering. Also, only being a writer is looked-down in my society.

I am confused and need advice. By the way, need professional opinion, if i indeed still can became a writer, how should i start?
>>
You definitely can still be a writer. It is possible even to stay in your engineering path and be a writer on the side until you are confident in a full-swing.

But

Do you really want it that much?
>>
Do what makes you happy, my dude.

At the end of the day, who's the person that lived YOUR life in YOUR shoes? You!

Live for the now, so you have little to no regrets when you die.
>>
You seem to not want engineering.

Being a writer is going to be as hard or harder. It's very arduous, with no reward for at least a very long time, with people saying you are crazy for trying that.

If being a writer is really what you want, you wouldn't care or be scared about any of that at all.

Investigate other options, remember your context, don't throw everything away due to a mid-youth crisis.
>>
>>17752231
Im not sure,

But

Writing is an option. I think i just reached an epiphany about my future, that engineering is not for me. I hated it and never feel a need to learn more about. I have lots of interest in me, im leaning more towards arts like music, art and etc. . i used to write or draw comics for fun eventhough my friends think im weird. So, for now i think writing is the most viable. There a lot of idea in my mind but I just dont know how to start.
>>
>>17752239
You're right, thats what i trying to do. Looking for other option, because i just realised engineering is not for me. I just saw that, this weeks being very different for me and i start to think about my life. As for now, i only come up with writing, but maybe later i'll come up with more.

But seriously, im still looking for what's best for me.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.