[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life is at a Halt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Depressing-Life-Wallpaper.jpg (573KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Depressing-Life-Wallpaper.jpg
573KB, 1920x1080px
Hello, 4chan users. I have a serious issue and I would like to see if anybody can give me some positive feedback to my problem.

So, I'm 20 years old, unemployed, and have no work experience. I'm too proud to get any sort of job in retail or food service and on top of that, I feel that I have a case of vehophobia, the fear of driving. Even if I got a stay-at-home job, I wouldn't know how I would ever actually be able to put away or receive money because I wouldn't be able to go to a bank.

I am not the type of person who would resort to self-harm or suicide, but I feel hopeless right now and as time continues to pass, my situation seems like it can only get worse. I don't want to become homeless or live off of other people, but I have no choice and I feel ashamed.
>>
We have online banking these days, which includes the ability to deposit checks remotely by taking pictures of them.

Assuming you have a debit card, you're golden.

If you're going to kill yourself, I suggest you ride a bus until it crashes, explodes, and kills you. Eventually, you'll get used to the terror and realize there's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>17752144
>too proud to get any sort of job in retail/food

you need to start somewhere, if you don't want to choose those two, which the majority of entry level positions are, you're just limiting yourself. not saying you can't find a different entry level job, you have to be open minded and versatile otherwise you won't make any money.

>vehophobia

i really feel like you're a hypochondriac and I hope you just stop. maybe you're anxious driving, that's okay. it will go away with experience. but you need to drive, that's a part of everyday life. maybe get a scooter or bicycle? take the bus?

>wouldn't know how I would ever actually be able to put away or receive money

do you even have a bank account yet? you wouldn't need to go to the bank if you had a work at home job. you could get funds deposited directly and then just use a debit card or something.
>>
>>17752168

I can drive in rural areas just fine, but I avoid any busy highways or cities at all cost. I feel like I'm a bad driver and I'm afraid of getting into an accident, so I don't want to even attempt anything out of my comfort zone. I don't have a bank account because I've never wanted to need to put my money in a bank.
>>
>>17752197
Stop being in your comfort zone. You're afraid because you don't step out of it.

If you're a bad driver, practice until you're not. Find an empty parking lot and start trying to drift and spin your car. Then try to learn to control it while you do that. Learn to use it like a part of you.
Between that and just being observant on the road, you'll be a better driver than 99% of the population.
>>
Also, you need a bank account and you need a credit card, if only so that you can build yourself a credit score, acquire land, and retire young.

If you're without life skills, I suggest you use the benefit you were born with (being a first world citizen), and look into getting a free education somewhere else.

Or just join the army. There's plenty of quiet jobs if you don't want to stack bodies.
>>
>>17752144
>unemployed, and have no work experience
>too proud to get any sort of job in retail or food service

No, mate, those two just do not go together.

Get this through your head: You are NOT going to get a dream job as your first ever job. Unless you're Donald Trump, whose rich father gave him a hotel for a graduation present, like everyone else in the world, you are going to have to start at the bottom. Pride is not an option. Get any job you can. Do well at it. Build a record that enables you to get a better job. That's how it's done.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.