[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I Actually Attractive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1457669253365.jpg (94KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457669253365.jpg
94KB, 400x400px
I don't know how many other people have had this problem, but I'm very confused about whether or not I'm good looking. I'm a 6'0 male at a healthy weight. Here are some points that help me play with the idea that I may be attractive:

>Have had a couple girlfriends in the past
>Have talked to a fair amount of girls (about a dozen or so)
>The majority of these girls I consider unattractive or average now, but a few of them were totally qt3.14s
>Was told by a few coworkers at last job that a lot of the girls there thought I was cute
>One even showed me a video of one of them drunk, calling me hot
>Get told by strangers fairly often that I look like certain celebrities
>Family insists that I'm handsome, a few times friends have said I'm good looking

Despite all of this:

>Sexually inexperienced at the age of 19; only slept with one girl
>Girls pretty much never approach me or flirt with me
>Made a Tinder profile and only got 6 matches with average girls within about 5 days
>Check my reflection at least 20 times a day, super insecure about my looks
>Not a complete social autist, but I never approach hot girls and often get insecure and intimidated when I make eye contact
>Lonely and single one semester into college

My issues seem like they rule out the possibility that I'm attractive. Deep down, I have a very low self esteem that almost entirely has to do with my looks. I know how to take a good picture of myself that makes me look decent, but I feel like IRL I'm ugly as shit. A lot of my day I'm thinking about how I look, it's starting to get obsessive. I have no idea if my insecurities stem from being complimented too much from actually being good looking, or if they stem from the fact that I believe that the reason I'm failing sexually is due to my looks.

Is there a way to tell for sure if I'm good looking or not?
If there's a decent amount of evidence that I'm good looking, why do I have all of the problems I just listed, and how can I fix them?
>>
>>17751752
How about you post a pic you ugly sack of shit?
>>
>>17751757
I might if this thread gets enough attention, but probably with the eyes covered. I have a couple friends that go on 4chan, so, you know
>>
File: 1380011711763.jpg (21KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1380011711763.jpg
21KB, 500x342px
>>17751752

Attractive is not a pass/fail qualifier.

Some people will find you attractive, some people won't. I think you know for a fact that a certain amount of people find you attractive and that you're just here to be validated.

We can't prop up your self-esteem for you, OP. You're going to have to deal with people who think you're cute and people who think you're ugly just like the rest of us.

If you want more opportunities with girl, get out there and start being more outgoing. Bitching about how girls and interactions don't just fall on your lap while you can't even make eye contact or talk to them doesn't make any sense.

You know exactly what your problem is, you're just either too scared to do it or you're trying to find an easy way out.
>>
File: 1464908941602.png (220KB, 321x333px) Image search: [Google]
1464908941602.png
220KB, 321x333px
>>17751773
>you're just here to be validated.
That would make sense if I jut posted that first greentext pargraph, but wasn't exactly happy to detail my biggest insecurity, even if I did it anonymously to a vietanemese cartoon board

>You're going to have to deal with people who think you're cute and people who think you're ugly just like the rest of us.
But can't most straight girls agree if they think a guy is attractive? When there's a guy who's hot, you hear a ton of girls calling them hot, not just a few.

Not saying every girl is gonna be attracted to me or I literally want to be a 10/10, but I feel like attraction is so much mor objective than people like to pretend it is.

>You're just either too scared to do it or you're trying to find an easy way out.
Too scared to do what? I literally have no idea how I can raise my self esteem and get more female attention, that's why I came here for advice.
>>
>>17751752

>fair amount

>dozen

>fair amount

you either socially retarded, a recluse or there are literally no girls where you live

i've talk to an uncountable number of girls... before i graduated, just because you talk to a girl, doesn't mean you have to try and get in her pants.
>>
>>17751795

>Too scared to do what? I literally have no idea how I can raise my self esteem and get more female attention, that's why I came here for advice.

No, came here because you want us to tell you what you want to hear, obviously, because you've vehemently argued every single point I tried to make.

>But can't most straight girls agree if they think a guy is attractive?

No. There is a difference between being attractive and being attracted to. Also, you have to stop comparing yourself to extremely attractive people.

There are more average looking people by far than extremely attractive people. We all live in essentially a different world. Sure, my girlfriend thinks Ryan Reynolds is hot but she's with me because we're average looking, realistic people who have learned to find happiness where we can get it.

>I feel like attraction is so much mor objective than people like to pretend it is.

Well, your feeling is wrong.

>Too scared to do what?

You literally just said you never approach girls and get intimidated by something as simple as eye contact.
>>
>>17751804
>just because you talk to a girl, doesn't mean you have to try and get in her pants.
This. Socially awkard people like OP cant tell the difference between "being friendly" and actualy friendship/interest
>>
File: 1442161414019.jpg (50KB, 455x341px) Image search: [Google]
1442161414019.jpg
50KB, 455x341px
>>17751804
>>17751811
By "talk to" I meant actually talk to, as in continually flirt with, text with, and consider dating. Those girls showed interest and called me cute too.

>>17751808
You're right about the extremely attractive part. I know we can't all be male models or be 10/10s. But I'm below most of my friend's successes, most of them have banged multiple girls by now and have girlfriends

>You literally just said you never approach girls and get intimidated by something as simple as eye contact.
Yes, and how can I fix being so intimidated? And what are some good ways to approach girls? I also feel like the "cold approach" rarely ever works and I almost never see it work out well.
>>
>>17751829
okay that makes a little more sense in context.

if your looking for a relationship(someone to share your life with) looks are irreverent, love conquers all
if your just looking for a fuck buddy, looks get you about half the way the, the rest you just have to make them laugh. girls just want to have fun, i have an amazing physique(yes i sound vein as fuck, but literally everyone compliments me on it) yet my chubby friend is a bigger hit with the ladies, because he is hardly ever serious always making people laugh and is confident in himself.
one rule that applies to all females alike. girls just want to have fun.
>>
>looks are irreverent, love conquers all
What does that even mean? I don't even believe in love, I just want a fucking date with a girl I at least find cute

As far as the second point goes, I could loosen up just a little bit. Don't think that will get me laid though
>>
>>17751843
>>17751850
Meant to quote you, oops
>>
>>17751752
>>Sexually inexperienced at the age of 19; only slept with one girl
My god, only one girl at the staggeringly old age of 19? You must be absolutely hideous. You might as well kill yourself now, you ancient, ugly fuck.

Seriously, in the bizniz we have a word for people like you. We call you "normal."

>Girls pretty much never approach me or flirt with me
You're a dude. That's your job. Sorry, it's not really fair, but that's how it is. If it doesn't work then don't sweat it, it usually doesn't work, just try again. If it literally never works then you probably suck shit at flirting, which just means you need to keep trying.

>Lonely and single one semester into college
I wonder if that has anything to do with
>I never approach hot girls and often get insecure and intimidated when I make eye contact

Sounds like there's a couple things you should work on, but nothing serious. Appearance-wise I'm sure you're fucking fine.
>>
>>17751850
i meant irrelevant . love is real, its not some super natural force, it is well a chemical reaction, but more so it is an attractive force that acts upon one psyche and not just ones primal urges.

you be surprised, i have literally had girls film me walking down the street(may find it hard to believe but it did happen, only once though). if look got you anything id be drowned in pussy. ive always been a very serious blunt person and girls prefer a for lack of a better word, bubblier personality
>>
>>17751857
Thanks for the advice. Any tips on approaching/flirting?
>>
>>17751829
>"Actually talk to"
Why not just say flirting?

Because we're "just talking" right mow
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.