[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my email address too unprofessional?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1470092393470-3.png (11KB, 307x373px) Image search: [Google]
1470092393470-3.png
11KB, 307x373px
I'm a college student writing my first application for a job as a software developer. My main email is [email protected] but instead of first name I used a diminutive of my first name (it's what my parents call me, it has no english translation but it's sort of like Theodore -> Teddy so it sounds a bit like a nickname for a kid but not that much, some of my friends use it as well).

Whould that be too unprofessional? I don't want them to throw my application away at the first sight of my address but at the same time I really like my address and don't want to manage another one.
>>
>>17751715

not as a general rule no, but why take the risk?
>>
>>17751715
you don't need to "manage" another one. just make another gmail, all it's emails get sent to your main one, and make sure you set it up so that you can reply from your main one AS the professional one.

it's a little bit annoying to set up but once it's done it's set. and you have to remember to send from the correct e-mail address, but i think there is a setting to automatically reply as the email it was sent to.

what's your first name? nobody is going to find you based on just your first name. just wondering what your email would be. e.g. mine is [email protected]
>>
>>17751715

No, this isn't too unprofessional, especially if that's the name you go by. I've made the mistake of making my emails Steven instead of Steve, which has led to people calling me by my full name.

Anyways, I do a lot of hiring, and as long as your email is some variation of your name, or something relatively safe, I won't judge it.

It's the people with [email protected] that get flagged for this shit.
>>
>>17751763
where did you get my personal email fro?M

deLEt THIS
>>
do >>17751749 Instead of First-Last you can just use [email protected]
If it's not taken, i made my main email fucking 9 years ago (luckily hotmail is still acceptable in 2016) and I don't have a common last name, might be taken if you do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.