[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A guy that used to work for me, who is a perfectly kind, cool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1468380180582.gif (1000KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1468380180582.gif
1000KB, 500x334px
A guy that used to work for me, who is a perfectly kind, cool dude, has been posting a lot on social media about how depressed he is and how ignored and lonely he feels. From what I see on the posts, people do care, but aren't really "around."

I offered to get a drink with him and hang out and shoot the shit a little... is this a smart thing, knowing that I don't really have the time to make a new best friend, is this the nice thing to do, or is it just going to make him feel worse?
>>
>>17751558

I got distracted by the TV and repeated myself in that last sentence, but I think the point gets across...
>>
I wish I had someone like you, having no friends at all sucks.
>>
Op here I've decided not to just needlessly get involved and intervene in his depression because a good episode of black horseman is coming on amc tonight.
>>
Speaking from a very similar position, I can say the very first thing that I could ever desire in the world right about now is for someone to come up out of the blue and prove they care at least a little.

Not to sway your decision OP, but at least consider for a little bit. You could be making someone's miserable life a whole lot better in just one act.
>>
>>17751577

Oh, shut up. I'm planning on doing a nice thing, but I have a lot of work, family, and friend commitments too.

>>17751581

Good to hear, I'll definitely spend some time with him and make sure to reach out. I just don't want to do bad by setting an expectation and then not being around as much as he wants, you know?
>>
>>17751596
>you know?

Well, you're trying to make his life a teensy bit better when he's down, not fix every problem for him. Give him a little ray of sunshine to cut out through the darkness and moping.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 344x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 344x427px
>>17751558
Most people are too busy with their own problems to be able or willing to help others. Personally, the only context in which most people want to hear about other peoples problems is when they want to hear a story of how you helped yourself. The best thing you can offer is a listening ear on the condition that you don't judge him or give unsolicited advice.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.