[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been using this site since early 2007 and I had never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: step it up nigga.png (102KB, 789x616px) Image search: [Google]
step it up nigga.png
102KB, 789x616px
I have been using this site since early 2007 and I had never made a thread on this board, but I am giving it a shot now.

Years have come and gone.
I have seen so many things happen in the internet and in real life, I don't know If it's the fact that I had an "overexposure" to drama, "happenings", or other people's lives, but I feel too old even when I am supposed to be young.
I haven't had the best decisions and I hold regret over many things, but a lot has happened in my personal life, good and bad, however I am left with the feeling that it could always been so much more.
Last year was the first I actually contemplated suicide as it had been the year where I had fucked and completely busted any chances of finishing college. I find it funny that teenager me would have never thought of this situation being possible.
In the end I decided against it and went back to live with my old folks at my home town, I am trying to keep my chin up now and even went to a psychologist, however after begin diagnosed with mild depression and some kind of late onset ADD, I was given some pills and told to fuck off.

I was okish for some months after that, but I'm currently living in my old room, every single time I clean or “rearrange” it to make me feel “comfortable” I am assaulted by nostalgia, a “bad” kind of nostalgia, this has been going the whole year, I have been trying to get a job now just to stay occupied and signed up for online college, but it doesn’t stop, I have this feeling of just wanting to go back, just seeing any object which holds some kind of sentimental value triggers a long trip in the memory lane for me.

As I said I have tried “cleaning” and rearranging” but every time it fucking keeps happening and I just can't stop, My mind wants me to go back and stay there, do everything again.
However the conscious me knows that I am 25 years of age and I just can't stop to reminisce, but even then, it just wont stop and it hurts so much.

TL;DR how to cure nostalgia?
>>
>>17751452
Leave it in the past. Save up and Move Out.
>>
Just burn your room, anon.
>>
>>17751642
That's the idea, but no job yet.
I am mainly asking for advise on how to cope in the mean time.

>>17751664
Can't do, too attached and who knows maybe one day I will be able to look back to my stuff with an actual "good" feeling of nostalgia..
>>
>>17751452
Got the exact same problem. Just a different backstory
>>
>>17752152
I used to be in highschool and life was great for me. Had a gf, friends and especially one great friend. I moved countries for university. My depression started settling in, I kept relating to and missing my old life in highschool and I never really knew why. Everything I did, every breath I took smelled of the old version of me, back then, happy, alive, smiling.
Now I did realize something. Its been a year and 4 months of being in this nostalgic state. At the beginning it was unbearable. Everything i did reminded me of the old days. Now it's better but not conpletely non-existent.
I realized however that due to me enrolling into a major in uni that I have no interest in. I lost my purpose and now i'm making changes to fix that. It's feeling better. But I always wonder if this extreme nostalgia was diagnosed and it's reasons, how to cure it, etc.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.