[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

today i broke my sons toy. my sons, 4 and 2 were fighting over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0170.jpg (632KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0170.jpg
632KB, 1280x1280px
today i broke my sons toy. my sons, 4 and 2 were fighting over a toy today, couldnt share or play with it nicely for longer than 30 seconds, after about 30 minutes of this and me telling them to share, i walked up, broke the toy and spanked the instigator.

my older son (4) was heartbroken, his expression / reaction was/is the worst thing i have ever felt in my life.

the wife took the kids out for dinner and movie and im going to drink myself to sleep tonight, i honestly feel awful about what i did and the way he looked at me it was like i went from his best friend to someone he doesnt know.

im literally crying as i post this. its so easy for mom, she gets to give the kids all they want and never has to deal with punishment or being strict everrrrrrr. it always gets put on me and i dont want to be the person my kids hate.

need to rant, need encouragement or flames. i honestly feel like the worst father ever today.
>>
>>17751318
Learned your lesson

Luckily kids forget fast, chances are they won't remember it tomorrow. If all else fails you can just get another one of those.

Next time take it away instead of breaking ir, kids of that age can't comprehend consequences on that scale.
>>
>>17751318

>separated from the kids
>instead of dealing with the kids and trying to teach them responsibility and sharing, destroys their toy

We all make mistakes, bro. But you've got to look at things in the long run instead of jumping at what your emotions say right that moment. Emotions are important, they aren't to be lightly ignored, but they are also emotions. They're not logical, they're not always right.

Remember this lesson and try to teach your kids that you love and respect them. You're going to have to teach them responsibility, and that will be much, much easier when they respect and love you.
>>
>>17751318

Buy him a nice replacement toy and treat him nice as a way of making up for it. Also, apologize like an adult.

This is an opportunity to teach him that people make mistakes.

Also, teaching the value of sharing is important, but I think it's also important to give a child something that is THEIRS, and no one else's. But maybe tie it into something that they can feel as a part of their success, something earned.

As a kid, I went to visit my aunt for a week, and she demanded I let my cousins play with my toys that I had brought. I could choose ONE to be mine. I watched my cousins bang up and break my things, which made me super protective of my one toy, and it taught me in the future to take care of my belongings so other jackasses couldn't break them.
>>
>>17751318

you're not a bad person. it was a dick move but that doesn't make you a dick.

its just a reminder that you arent THAT much different than your kids. in that one moment all that mattered was what YOU wanted. same as it did for them.

its a chance for all of you to grow.

it sucks having to be the man, but there is a balance. keep trying to find it. its okay to apologize to your kid. its not showing weakness. its teaching him to be a man and own up to the wrongs he will one day do.
>>
>>17751318
>4chan the dad
>>
>>17751318
should have told them you did it so they could both play with it... all of a sudden your the good guy whos teaching them a lesson in kindness. but seriously, kids need discipline, or they end up troubled youths
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.