[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I feel neglected or unimportant to someone, my brain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Chitose crying.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chitose crying.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Whenever I feel neglected or unimportant to someone, my brain goes haywire and I act really rashly. A friend of mine made me feel less important to her than another friend, so I told her I wasn't going to speak to her ever again and signed off Skype. I never meant that, I planned to talk to her again the next day all along. I just wanted to see her hurt as proof that I matter to her. Whenever I got my confirmation that she was worried and that she cares about me, my brain suddenly returned to normal and I couldn't relate to my previous actions or understand why I'd ever felt such a way.

Why am I so vindictive? Why am I such an awful human being? What's wrong with me?
>>
that sounds like a pretty complex problem and you'd have to see a psychologist for a competent answer. My guess is that mommy and daddy didn't pay enough attention to you as a kid.
>>
Ive been there, me personally i think my problem is this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependent_personality_disorder
Thats your typical self diagnoses though not by a professional
>>
>>17751013
>so I told her I wasn't going to speak to her ever again and signed off Skype
kek. You're a child. Whoever is friends with you deserves you.
>>
>>17751031
No mate, being an immature twat is not a disorder. It's being an immature twat.
>>
>>17751013
Age?
>>
>>17751040
¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
>>
>>17751049
Just so you know that emoji was 4chan's

>I dunno lol

representation of that dog reaction pic with the same caption. So you're not using it right.
>>
>>17751040
actually...
http://www.meditrenz.com/an-overview-of-immature-personality-disorder.html

I know this is pretty ridiculous, but technically this is what disorders are. A set of chronic behaviors that deviate from the norm.
>>
>>17751053
You're not born an adult mate, you become one

This is the norm... if you're an immature twat.
>>
>>17751045
>>
>>17751051
Theyre also shrugging when theyre "lolidunno"ing
>>
Do you have a history of child abuse?
>>
>>17751013

Because you have an inferiority complex, and cannot seem to come to terms with the fact that some people will be more important than you in other people's lives. You want to be special and to feel loved, but if you're not number 1 it's not good enough.
>>
>>17751146
From the ages of 7 to 10, yeah.
>>
>>17751146
>>17751176

Do you think this could play a role, or was I too old for it to effect me (if personality is completely set in stone by seven)?
>>
>>17751249
personality isnt completely set in stone by 50, let alone by 10. You're just more prone to influences at a young age. It could def play a role.
>>
>>17751013
You and me boooth.

TIP: It doesn't really go away

TIP: Sometimes as a 25 year old I have an absurd urge to claw my boyfriend in the face if I feel under-appreciated... so yeah, it doesn't really go away

TIP: Those rash, absurd, blazing feelings of Shit I'm Being IGNORED/Used/Forgotten/Pitied And I Need To Act Now never really go away but you can never Act on them

TIP: It gets easier to tell when you are being ridiculous though the Panic is There

TIP: The sad truth is that while you are Panicking that (abandonment/you aren't worth anyone's time) the thing is you will sometimes actually Act on it without being able to stop. This is not the end of the world.

TIP. While the feelings remain, and you sometimes fuckup you are never so extremely hurt that you will die.

Big, biggest tip:
Talk about it. To the people that matter- that remain with you even after you fuckup right to their face (meltdown, insults, the like, self-embarrassment) and explain how you understand you act irrational and it is based off of inner problems.

Heck, even if you make a new friend- say listen, sometimes I have fucked up and this one time I clawed my own brother in the face (nervous laughter) but I'm Working on It.

At the end of the day- an emotional build like this is a very ingrained part of who you are. Accept it, learn to grow with it and recognize it. I've heard that life does actually get better.
>>
could be borderline personality disorder.
symptoms:
>A history of unstable relationships that can change drastically from intense love and idealization to intense hate
>A persistent fear of abandonment and rejection, including extreme emotional reactions to real and even perceived abandonment
>Intense, highly changeable moods that can last for several days or for just a few hours
>Strong feelings of anxiety, worry and depression
>Feelings of isolation, boredom and emptiness
>>
>>17751597
Oh will you please stop trying to force symptoms lists you Googled. You're talking about serious disorders that impact people's lives, both financially, civilly (borderlines are considered heavily unreliable witnesses in court), and emotionally.

Let me point out that the book you pulled that symptom list from, the DSM-IV, have several prerequisites in place that must be met before ANY personality disorder can be diagnosed. These include:

>"Significant impairments in self (identity or self-direction) and interpersonal (empathy or intimacy) functioning."[49]
>"One or more pathological personality traits domains or trait facets."[49]
>"The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expressions are relatively stable across time and consistent across situations."[49]
>"The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expressions are not better understood as normative for individual's developmental stage or sociocultural environment."[49]
>"The impairments in personality functioning and the individual's personality trait expressions are not solely due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, medication) or a general medical condition (e.g., severe head trauma)."[49]
One fucking act from an individual in one moment cannot a Axis II diagnosis EVER make - and clinicians are extraordinarily skeptical of any self-diagnosed PD as a rule.
>>
File: 1478655863938.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478655863938.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
Very interesting posts. I'll reply after I sleep for a bit.
>>
>>17751597
BPD was my thought as well

>>17751607
Considering the OP opened their post with "Whenever" I assume this is a recurring and serious issue that could definitely be evidence of a mental health problem
>>
File: Chitose headphones.jpg (493KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chitose headphones.jpg
493KB, 1279x720px
>>17751597
Actually, let's go ahead and do this. There's nine symptoms, huh?

>Affective (emotional) instability including intense, episodic emotional anguish, irritability, and anxiety/ panic attacks

I think so. Whenever someone shows hostility or indifference towards me, it's normal for me to do things like hit myself in the head as hard as I can or erupt into crazed laughter. One time a few weeks ago someone replied to a heartfelt text with "okay," and I had a breakdown and start beating my head against the bedpost.

>Anger that is inappropriate, intense and difficult to control, and

I think so. It doesn't take much to make me start screaming at the top of my lungs at someone.

>Chronic feelings of emptiness

I don't think this applies to me much anymore.

>Self-damaging acts such as excessive spending, unsafe and inappropriate sexual conduct, substance abuse, reckless driving, and binge eating, and

Nope.

>Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats, or self-injurious behavior

I've never threatened or hinted at suicide. I only self-injure in the form of hitting myself sometimes. Sometimes whenever I feel unloved I punch myself so hard that I walk around with a limp afterwards or have trouble moving my arm.

>A markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of your self (your identity), and

I alternate between thinking I'm charming and having the personality of a brick, and between thinking I'm pure and saintly and thinking I'm evil and horrible.
>>
>>17752426
>Paranoid ideation or severe dissociative episodes (transient and stress related)

Whenever someone makes me feel disliked somehow, I quickly jump to feeling as though I'm defective and that everyone will turn against me because I'm a bad person who deserves it. As soon as someone shows me love or otherwise validates me, my brain calms down and I wonder what just came over me.

>You may engage in frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment, and

Only if I screw up badly enough where being abandoned is a real possibility. I don't tend to worry about actual abandonment in the sense of being ghosted.

>Your relationships may be very intense, unstable, and alternate between the extremes of over idealizing and undervaluing people who are important to you

My romantic relationships have been fine and stable. I'm definitely guilty of splitting, though. Normally my friends are one of the top priorities in my life and I feel very warm and loving towards them, but one misstep can make me start thinking things like they've always been neglectful, I hate them, I wish they were dead, etc. Then they say something nice or that makes it clear they do value me, and I instantly switch back to thinking "I love you I love you, I'm sorry" and want to hug them.
>>
>>17751040
Tell that to any mental health professional you crack addict
>>
>>17752406
>expecting a depressed person to present an honest assessment of how they've behaved in the past

This is why we don't let people who don't go through university treat medical conditions.

BPD is one of the most controversial and hardest to detect PDs in practice. You have not a slushball's chance in Hell of figuring out anything OP's condition. You are not a Psychologist. You are not trained to diagnose anything more than the wart on your mother's ass.

Stop spreading armchair science onto the world. It's retarded, and it leads people to make debilitating and life impacting conclusions that you don't even give a shit about.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.