[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winterdepression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 6b1733dd6837e56b.jpg (118KB, 940x626px) Image search: [Google]
6b1733dd6837e56b.jpg
118KB, 940x626px
How do you deal with that?

It's cold, rainy and everything looks so gray
>>
File: image_1.jpg (55KB, 564x811px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
55KB, 564x811px
>>17750273
I like this Weather.
>>
>>17750273
I prefer it like this. A cup of hot chocolate and some 4chan just feels so much better after a long cold wet dreary day. It's the summer that bothers me.
>>
>>17750332
>>17750304
Very helpful, jackasses.

@ OP: get one of those UV-lights, they're made specifically to combat winter depression.
>>
File: 27bb192c7fdf5dc1.jpg (29KB, 657x370px) Image search: [Google]
27bb192c7fdf5dc1.jpg
29KB, 657x370px
>>17750335
I dont rly think that will help.

I always have problems staying up in early, because its cold in my room and im poor. Makes me tired and I don't have any motivation to go to work. I was like the happiest person in summer, damn i miss that a lot.

Also my crush ignored my messages and has a bf now, which makes me more sad. oh well happens

I will try to workout more, maybe that will help.
>>
Get a SAD light. They work for a lot of people but not everyone. They do however have a positive effect on your bodies natural circadian rhythm, so unless you're getting the perfect amount of restorative sleep already, you'll definitely feel better after you start using one.
>>
>>17750365
I get enough sleep, thanks anyway.

i will think about the lights
>>
Does anyone recommend me anything else besides lights? I also eat healthy, but idk if this affects on me too
>>
Vodka and rolling in snow is a small joy I like. Reading or solitary hobbies seem to be good too.

I am a winter person so I do not know this feeling. I hate warm weather though so when I stay inside I find fun or mentally stimulating activities to distract me from the asshole weather.
>>
>>17750452
I dont drink
>>
>>17750453

Maybe find different teas to drink or new meals to cook. Finding and experimenting with dishes is a fun journey. A warm kitchen and full belly in winter is great too.
>>
>>17750273

Are you joking? Winter sucks because of the weather and the impact it has on your bodies natural cycles, you've been told to get the SAD light which will fix your problem.

If buying a lamp is too much effort for you to bother, then no one here can give you an answer you're looking for.
>>
>>17750468
Wow okay chill, i just wanted to hear some adv besides the lights.
>>
>>17750481

No, you just want your problem to be resolved with no effort on your part.
>>
I'm a winter person, mother is not.

As people have recommended, SAD lights are (from testimonials and some clinics) effective for some people. Give them a try, some are available on Amazon for decent prices.

Additionally, see if some vitamin supplements can help. I've heard that Vitamin D can help offset the sadness, but the effectiveness of straight-up supplements is debatable.

What worked for my mother was the SAD lamp, and on the basis of her doctor, vitamin D supplements, so hopefully they work for you
>>
>>17750485
/adv/ in a nutshell.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.