[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm too confused.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (158KB, 1242x1167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1242x1167px
Alright so I'm in a weird spot right now. To make it short, I've been with this one girl for 3 years. She's suffered with BPD for a long time but recently it's been getting worse. Between counselling appointments, and constant medication, and multiple suicide attempts it's been a struggle. Her last attempt, she told me I was her only reason she's still alive. I'm constantly there for her and supportive in every way possible. The thing is, the stress that puts on myself is too overwhelming. It's so overwhelming in fact, that I started to rebel in our relationship if you will. I've been talking with this one girl that doesn't even live in the same city as me. We have a lot in common and whenever I talk to her, I can't help but smile and feel happy. She feels the same for me, we're anxious to meet as our feelings towards each other are so strong. However, with all the effort I've put into my relationship with my current partner, I feel like if I leave I will be killing her. I do still love her, but I can't keep taking all of the hits within our relationship and I feel like I need a way out. The girl I have been talking to has no idea of my current circumstances or that I'm even in a relationship. I'm at a loss, I have no idea what to do as I feel I can't reasonably be happy with any decision I ultimately make.
>>
>>17749993
Abandonment is BPD sufferers biggest fear.

You obviously love her because you've supported her for so long.

She obviously loves you because it's very rare for a BPD sufferer will enter into a relationship.

Saying that.... it's very tough being in a relationship with someone who has BPD.
>>
>>17750098
>She obviously loves you because it's very rare for a BPD sufferer will enter into a relationship.
Hahahaha no
>>
>>17750100
True
>>
>>17749993
It's unhealthy to stay in a relationship just because someone is threatening to kill them self if you leave them

It's fucked, but I'd say cut your losses and gtfo. Doing that is better than leading her on and then betraying her trust
>>
>>17750102
If you leave her make sure she has someone who can support her first. She'll take it badly, I guarantee.
>>
>>17750098
Because of the abandonment issue thing, it makes it really hard.

>>17750102
She never directly threatened that if I leave her she'll kill herself. She tells me everyday how lucky she is to have me.
>>
>>17750105
Of course she's gonna take it poorly, but she'll take it poorly regardless of what happens, or how and why it happens
>>
>>17750107
It's different for borderlines.
>>
>>17750106
I've had A LOT of experience with this. If you do decide to end it, OP, don't tell her it's for someone else. Borderlines have such volatile behaviour you can never guess what they'll do.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.