[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jobseeking without a referance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

the last two bosses I've had tried to underpay me, resulting in a falling out

neither will speak for me, and I'm going after the last one through court

but applying for a job, how do I manage that?

if I put the jobs on my resume, they will call my old boss and get an unflattering (if even honest) account of my time there

if I don't, I look like I've been out of work for some time

and I'm worried about being unfairly passed over because an employer might not want employees who stand up for theselves
>>
I'm pretty sure that they can't call your references without your permission
>>
you don't need to put a reference for jobs you put down as work history?

provide if they ask, explain they underpaid you, etc. you should have proof it's been happening so why worry
>>
They aren't allowed to shit talk you legally, as you aren't allowed to slander them publically. You're selling your labor like a business. It's just a reference to show that you HAD A JOB SOMEWHERE. Think of it as proof.

Use fake references if it bothers you. add a fake job, and get your friend to be your pretend manager.
>>
>>17749415
>if I put the jobs on my resume, they will call my old boss and get an unflattering (if even honest) account of my time there

Sometimes they do. Some places ask you if it's ok to contact the previous employer. Acording to my sister and some recruiter I've met, they might call one or two just to ask them general stuff like your activities, performance, etc
>>
>>17749415
oh shit OP i just realised
>referance
i think you'd be doing yourself a bigger favour by making sure your resume/CV doesn't have any spelling/grammatical mistakes.
>>
>>17749422
I think they can do whatever they want
even if I don't put my former employers down as referees there is nothing to stop them just asking around town

>>17749457
well that's true enough, I can always put my work without providing them as a referance
but then one of several things is bound to happen
A. I use valuable interview time explaining how they under payed me
B. they don't ask and just make their own assumptions
C. they hear me out, but ask my old boss for their side of it (which they would be mad not to do), and my old boss either lies because it's before court, or they badmouth me on unrelated matters

>>17749464
I'm not sure why you think that anon
they can say whatever they like about me, if they say bad things that isn't slander
and even if they lie would I really take them to court over it?

I live in a small town, fake referees and jobs just make you look like a conman

>>17749476
point tacken
>>
>>17749530
they won't ask for references during the interview, it'll be later on during a follow-up
them making their own assumptions is better than having a gap of employment
and if the 3rd happens then oh well, this is the least likely outcome, just bad luck.
>>
>>17749530
>small town
rekt
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.