[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel conflicted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Couple-Back-to-Back.jpg (222KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Couple-Back-to-Back.jpg
222KB, 640x427px
I'll put it plain and simple. I'm Mexican-American, my girlfriend is Caucadian and we been together for 4 years, yesterday she voted for Trump.
I feel disgusted and outraged just by thinking of it to the point I want to break up with her.
What do I do?
>>
dont take it so seriously. its not like the american president isnt just a puppet of the large corporations. youll be fine.
your relationship is more important than this shit. take a day to cool off and you will realize this.
>>
Realize that people are going to have different political views than you I dont understand why you have to take your partner's political views so personally. Clearly if you've been together for 4 years she loves you for who you are, so when she votes for someone that has reasonable points (from where he's coming from) why and the hell would u take it so personally. Fundamentally, you're basically saying that you question being with her because of her right to vote. That's kind of fucked to tell you the truth, by the way i'm mexican american myself.
>>
>>17748502
Gr8 b8 but if this is real, get over it. What's wrong with that? He doesn't want legal Mexican Americans to leave the country, just illegal immigrants. You're not an illegal are you? Your girlfriend is based and you should be proud.
>>
>>17748517
>>17748518

My mom is illegal
>>
>>17748517
This, not to mention Trump doesn't have any problem with Mexican-Americans. He wants to deport illegal immigrants and (this may surprise you) many illegal immigrants are not Mexican. It's not actually a race issue, Hillary's campaign just painted it that way to scare all Hispanics into voting for her
>>
>>17748520

Well, get her to start learning English from a book, and then have her get a green card. Boom, problem solved.
>>
People who tell you that reacting to this the way you are is an immoral disregard for the rights of others to their own opinion are not directly affected by what was promised the way you and your family are.

If I were you, I guess I could question my girlfriend about the motives behind her vote and be saved by that. But at the end of the day, I don't think I could keep from taking it personally. Because it is personal. Anyone who would tell you it isn't personal, again, is not directly affected the way you and your family are.
>>
>>17748520
>My mom broke the law and now might have to pay for it.
I understand you're upset but that's no reason to take it out on your girlfriend.
>>
>>17748535

You have no idea how citizenship is acquired in this country, do you?
>>
File: 1388370756433.jpg (2KB, 120x126px) Image search: [Google]
1388370756433.jpg
2KB, 120x126px
I know people act like political opinions aren't important barriers but they are.

Why waste the precious time you have on earth with someone who actively works against what you feel are your interests?

The only other thing you can do is listen to her side of the situation and either agree, turn on your family, or disagree and live with the idea that your girlfriend wants people like you gone.

I'm sorry, I wish it was a kumbaya 'we all live in harmony forever' type of world were racial politics and shit weren't this charged but they are.
>>
>>17748560
>live with the idea that your girlfriend wants people like you gone.
That's so fucking dishonest. I don't even like Trump, I voted for Hillary, but for fuck's sake there are legitimate, non-racist reasons to enforce immigration laws. I feel like everyone's gone crazy.
>>
>>17748563

Even if what you said applies, it doesn't discredit the idea of "wants people like you gone." It just footnotes it with "wants people ike you gone for legitimate, non-racist reasons."
>>
>>17748570
OP said he was Mexican-American, which I took to mean that he's an actual American citizen who happens to be of Mexican descent. So no, Trump voters don't want people like OP gone. They want people like OP's mom gone.
>>
>>17748574
reading the rest of the thread would help.

There's also a very real trend of hostility toward all Latinx Americans. People aren't checking IDs before telling people to get their spic asses back to Mexico, you see.
>>
BUILD WALL
>>
>>17748577
Stronger immigration laws are not racist just because some people support them for the wrong reasons. There are loads of racist Republicans, I'd never deny that. There are also loads of elitist Democrats who write off anyone with conservative opinions as an ignorant racist hick, kind of like OP's doing to his girlfriend
>>
>>17748548

No, I do. My father's an immigrant, and he and his brothers had to wait, take the test, and pay all thier dues in order to get their citizenship. They worked hard to get here too, so they can appreciate their hard earned privilege that much more.

tl;dr the above was intended to be a joke/troll. I took pity on you, which is why I've taken the time to explain this to you. Lighten up Jack.
>>
>>17748590
>kind of like OP's doing to his girlfriend

Not really. When someone shows you they have a disregard for something that could affect you so profoundly, it tells you something very true about them. Something that reasonably would make you not want to be a part of their life anymore.
>>
>>17748592

How long did they have to wait?
>>
>>17748502
Continue being allowed by your girlfriend to watch her be fucked by someone who isn't a complete and utter cuck.
>>
>>17748590
OP here

I don't give a fuck about politics? Harambe could have been elected and I would give two shits but she fucking knows my mom is an immigrant which is why I'm taking it personal.
>>
>>17748596

Never asked them that. My father passed, and I don't keep in contact with anyone else, really. I can ask next time I see them, whenever that might be.

They're Peruvian if that helps give you an idea.
>>
>>17748608
Maybe she does, though. People choose a President for more than one reason, it's not all about you
>>
>>17748502
Lol what a homo. Get over urself
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.