[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: textingphone.jpg (154KB, 607x405px) Image search: [Google]
textingphone.jpg
154KB, 607x405px
Does anyone else have a hard time texting and messaging in general? I get told that I'm great face to face with people and I believe it but when it comes to messaging people I get stressed out unless I know them really well and even than I just use it to meet up in person. When I text I over analyze everything and feel like all my social skill go out the window. Does anyone else feel the same way?
>>
>>17746537
Texting should be exactly like speaking. If they know you in person that's bonus points because they can fill in the blanks with your personality.
>>
>>17746537
Bump
>>
i have the same problem. I can talk to girls irl but i'm terrified of having to message one. i think part of it is that you don't have to respond instantly and its harder to show emotions. i know this isnt any help im sorry
>>
It's just like writing - adopt a style and master it.
Try getting an iPhone if you haven't already, people will be able to see whether you're typing or not. They will also be able to see if you read their message
>>
>>17746537
I fucking hate texting. we can have an hour long conversation that interrupts anything else either of us is trying to do periodically and throws off concentration, or we can have a ten second phone call. god forbid we have a conversation that should take thirty minutes on the phone, we'll be texting all day. and then everyone analyzes texts and shit and if you don't have the same set of texting etiquette that the other person is there's misunderstandings and shit... no. it's inefficient, and ineffective as a method of communication. unless its something real simple and short it just annoys me.
>>
>>17746537
texting should be fun. if you don't enjoy it try and avoid it.
>>
>>17746690
I try to maintain this mentality but seeing someone else say it is going help me maintain it, thank you.
>>17747192
It's fine, I think that seeing someone else opinion always helps.
>>17747304
I feel that way but I also feel that its unavoidable. Though I do try to get people to meet up instead of just messaging me, I still can't avoid just basic texting for some people I've just recently met.

Thanks everyone for their opinions and points of view on the subject.
>>
>>17746537
Yeah im the same fine talking irl but texting i always worry about the way messages can be interpreted.

also on the topic, is it bad if i ask my manager for any spare shifts over fb? will they think that im just using them or am i doing exactly what i mentioned above haha
>>
>>17746537
I can't have a casual conversation over text for shit, it's a lot more difficult to start a conversation and keep it going.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.