[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brain damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0676.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0676.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Any ex potent weed smokers here who seriously overdid it? It's been five months free of weed and my working memory is nearly nonexistent. I can't even relay a phone number. I smoked heavily multiple times a day for eight years and just quit. I'm not forming new memories and I'm afraid suicide is my only way out of living a life working the shittiest of jobs.
Can I expect my memory to come back? All I'm seeing online is the the damaging effects are irreversible
>>
Sure you don't just have memory problems? Seems more like you're just trying to blame it on weed.

Don't believe everything you read online.
>>
my short term memory is pretty awful but i just cope with repetition very quickly.
>>
>>17746263
This.

You are just dumb or suffering from some mental disorder or brain problem.

I smoked medical marijuana for almost 10 years and quit last year to get a higher paying job and it absolutely did not affect me at all. I'm a little more grumpy sometimes but that's it

No withdrawal, no forgetting phone numbers. Nothing.

Stop blaming marijuana for your lack of intelligence or your mental illness
>>
>>17746255
It's probably not brain damage just paranoia.
When i stopped doing drugs my focus was shit, it was shit before but now i could notice it was shit since i had a clear head. I would loose track mid conversation what i was doing or talking about. Just work on your focus and your memory will follow.

Good job on kicking a bad habit. Join a support group it helps a lot.
>>
People ITT are uninformed. That it doesn't necessarily happen to every heavy weed smoker doesn't mean it's not possible as a side effect from weed.

But more importantly, it's about the bigger picture. Smoking a ton of weed for years and getting 6-9 hours of sleep a night, plus eating regular healthy meals is an entirely different deal from smoking a ton of weed for years, spicing it up with alcohol from time to time, not getting proper nutrients from your food and lack of sleep. Those things that separately already don't do your body any favors can add up in the worst ways. Not to mention the method, frequency and strain you are smoking all matter.
>>
File: 46454..jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
46454..jpg
41KB, 640x360px
>>17746428
>support group
>for smoking marijuana

That's a good one
>>
>>17746255
Weed, as an indirect dopaminergic drug, may cause psychosis. As an hypnotic, may cause memory loss. But it won't cause brain damage. Not even a psychotic attack from weed can do that.
>>
>>17746503
>heavy weed smoker doesn't mean it's not possible as a side effect from weed.
Yes, but the memory issues are caused because you're high and drowsy, not because of brain damage. Which means, as soon as the effects are off, it shouldn't happen. What OP has is unrelated to weed.
>>
>>17746255
>Can I expect my memory to come back?
No

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkYWnHaI770
>>
>>17746518
I respectfully disagree. It is hard to find real statistics on this that are not skewed one way or another, but I'm Dutch and have run in a drugfriendly crowd for years. Obviously it can be hard to isolate the effects of weed among people who already live a questionable lifestyle and at least occasionally do other stuff, but most of the adamant long term smokers I've come across were messy with their short term memory, including if they had quit some time ago. To be fair, not to the extent that OP described, but he might have had a genetic predisposition or whatever already.

And as I mentioned, it likely isn't weed in a vacuum but weed in combination with other diminishing factors. I think generally the human body can handle a lot as long as you also nourish it and look after it. What happens a lot is that people burden and neglect themselves in a lot of ways at the same time health-wise.
>>
>>17746525
Just wanted to add that I have smoked myself for years and find that now (much more than a year or three ago) I find myself a bit more hazy after occasionally indulging again for up to several days.

And honestly, obviously this is entirely subjective but it is just completely against all common sense to me that a drug that impairs your ability to absorb new information, your sharpness etc, would wear off - even countless times - without leaving any trace on you. That would make weed the one and only wonderdrug that that comes with absolutely zero potential long term consequences. Not buying it, even disregarding life experience.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.