[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is therapy a normie meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Croz_Cover-2A.jpg (29KB, 480x429px) Image search: [Google]
Croz_Cover-2A.jpg
29KB, 480x429px
I can't interact with people normally, don't leave my bed most days and experience severe self-loathing. I tried going once to therapy but it did nothing.

It just seems like paying someone to have a conversation with you, but they don't really have any idea about what's going on in your brain. They have theories that will be completely outdated in 5 years. They only get a tiny and biased fraction of any story. They come to sessions with their own biases. It's really just some normie who's being paid to treat you empathetically regardless of whether or not you're annoying the shit out of them. Feels very fake. It also feels narcissistic to talk about yourself for an hour.

I want to fix my problems and everyone online suggests therapy but I just feel I need to handle my own shit and figure it out alone. I keep failing but I'm starting to think not everyone can be a winner. Is it all just a normie meme?
>>
>>17746037

Therapy is for normies and failed normies.
If you are a bot you are just wasting money.
They are not going to help you.
But if you continue to pay, they will help themselves to it.
>>
>I tried going once to therapy but it did nothing.

Did you want it to do anything? Or did you want to just be magically cured of all your problems, without making any changes or working on yourself at all?
>>
>>17746037
Self-therapy, no one knows you best than yourself. Look at your life from a third person point of view and think about what you can currently change, and how you can change it. Maybe read some psychology books to help you out.
>>
>>17746053
I was told this in therapy, "YOU have to make the changes". And the patronizing "YOUR choice if you want to be here" when it was like fucking obviously it's my choice, I wouldn't be paying you and talking about shit that embarrasses me if I didn't want to try. Seems like insecurity on their part that they repeat this mantra.

I got 1 piece of advice I should've followed that I didn't. But I was mostly never told of any specific changes I had to make apart from weird shit completely irrelevant to my situation. I told the therapist I hated my father in law because he exploits his workers badly and she told me to go to him and open up about my life and extremely personal issues. Wtf? I've only ever talked to him about the weather, and I hate his guts. I would talk about my life and usually get no insight, just the occasional rant that didn't apply, then frustration that I wasn't changing. I don't fucking know what to do ffs, I wouldn't be paying them to listen if I did. It was completely useless.
>>
Everyone can be a winner, just not at the same thing and at the same time. Pick small goals and accomplish them, slowly build those goals up overtime. Exercise regularly to get the endorphins in your brain flowing. Good Luck
>>
>>17746050
Is there anything that can be done instead for/by bots or are they hopeless?
>>
>>17746157

Not the one you replied to but here is what it boils down to:
Be outside
Be present
And MOST IMPORTANTLY - Be yourself
>>
>>17746169
How do I be myself? I only know one person well and they say I'm never myself around people and that's why I don't make friends but I honestly don't know how to.
>>
>>17746169
Really? The bee urself meme? NO ONE, and I say NO ONE act themselves to others. Everyone has variations of their personality that they show to specific type of people.
>>
>>17746037
Therapy fixes everything is
Not even therapists claim that only normies belive it
>>
>>17746175
Acquire self-confidence. There's no "how to be myself" guidebook. It should come naturally and once you become confident - it will.

Generally you can acquire self-confidence by engaging in active hobbies that, ideally, involve other people. Or you can just lift weights and become a ripped autist.
>>
>>17746185
What does this comment mean?
>>
>>17746195
Therapy can cure some stuff
Therapy can help with some stuff
Therapy can help a tiny bit with some stuff
There is shit that therapy is completely useless for
>Wathever brah therapy is like magic brah, he helped me to get over my ex with just words
>>
>>17746183

And as long as people are not themselves they will have the kind of life that makes them create these kind of threads.
Actually do the exact opposite of what I've told you to do for 1 month and see where your life takes you and post progress here, prove us wrong.
>>
>>17746210
How do people become themselves when not being themselves is the default though? Knowing the problem doesn't fix it.
>>
>>17746274

By not pretending to be someone else.
By remembering what you are like and doing what you would do.
>>
>>17746288
I'm not consciously pretending to be someone I'm not, I just freeze up and become unnatural. I don't know how not to do that.
>>
I pretty much agree with you on that matter OP.
>>
>>17746386
Same here
>>
>>17746201
Bee yourself?
>>
Therapy only works when you're willing to work with the therapist and do what they recommend.
It's not a magic fixall where they find out a deep repressed memory and that lifts everything off your shoulders.
>>
>>17746746
To add to this it really matters what therapist you're going to. I've had two therapists. My first was good in the beginning but she started grating on my nerves so I just stopped going lol. But she was good for a little bit. My current therapist is so much better because she's a lot more real with me. Also it depends what kind of therapy you do. CBT is good for depression and shit but if you have a lot of past hang ups it's prolly not that useful. This is just my experience tho. Therapy is relative for everyone
>>
File: 1410150656264.gif (3MB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
1410150656264.gif
3MB, 480x292px
>>17746037

Therapy does nothing if you go into it with the attitude that its useless and won't help.

The problem with therapy and the robot ideology is that therapy requires you to let your guard down. It requires hard work. It requires doing things you don't like. It requires finding a different therapist if you feel like the one you have isn't vibing with you. It requires you to look inside of yourself and admit to yourself that some of the things you think and do are wrong.

Every single last thing required to be successful in a therapeutic environment goes against every last tenant of the robot ideology. Robots want to be told what they want to hear which is the polar opposite of therapy.

I'm speaking as someone who has been through therapy and found it immensely helpful.

What you robots don't understand that therapy is not about trying to cram you into a diagnosable box. Just because you robots love to cram people into boxes and labels does not mean the rest of the world functions about that.

The point of therapy is putting yourself in a room with an outside perspective of your problems because IF YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING, YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF BEING OBJECTIVE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR LIFE.

Thats it, man. That's what therapy is. You don't have to go to therapy. You don't have to like it. Plenty of people decide not to utilize it but to come on here and try to dismantle the entire legitimacy of the mental health profession with absolutely no experience, knowledge or training to back it up is just foolish. Therapy helps thousands of people.

No one here has the authority nor knowledge to tell anybody else that the tools and methods they use to better their lives are memes.
>>
>>17746876
Huh I guess that's why robots don't believe in therapy. Thanks for the insight
>>
File: 1476558915483.jpg (14KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1476558915483.jpg
14KB, 221x246px
The only reason why I went to see a therapist or "counselor" at my college (it's included with the health fee of $15) is because I needed someone I could talk to that I could trust not to say anything.

At first it felt good, but now it has become useless. Wanted it to end two visit ago, but 50 minutes just isn't enough. I'd rather strictly talk to me, myself, and I again.

OP, you can try it, but you only get what you put in... though even that depends.

Anyway, good luck.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.