[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been watching this 10 yo kid for a while, and his parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1469057316562.png (95KB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469057316562.png
95KB, 245x246px
I've been watching this 10 yo kid for a while, and his parents say I'm really good with him and they haven't given him his ADHD meds at all when I've been watching him. The thing is; the kid is normal. I haven't seen any sign of him being hyperactive or struggle with attention despite not being on meds. He's an awesome kid, smart attentive and patient (for a 10 yo anyway).

Now, the dad has some issues. I know from the older kids that he gives physical punishment, and he gives off an intimidating feel in general. I'm worried that the kid I'm watching is reacting to that rather than having ADHD.

How can I check for this, and in case it's the dad, how should I approach it?
>>
>>17745722
So you are a babysitter turned social worker/psychologist and able to diagnose? Why not just cut through all the crap and get a lynch mob after him
>>
Tell the kid to sneak the pills. He's gonna be so thankful for that prescription in high school/university.
>>
>>17745778
better yet tell him to bring them to you, pay him in candy from the sell profits
>>
>>17745722
I mean, you're right in that ADHD is an overdiagnosed, overmedicated "symptom" being treated as a cause....those parents bought right into it. You should talk to the mom about it, if you are a woman.
>>
>>17745722
I suggest talking to them about it
>>
>>17745722
Know a mother fought the recommendation of the school to put her youngest child on ADHD meds after she had rolled over previous and the older boy was already on them for several years. Threatened her with all kinds of shit but she saw what the med did to her kid and refused to let it happen to the younger. She just had to spend more time with the kid doing homework and guess what? He settled down. The ADHD meds don't fix a problem just hides it so parents can go on about their life. In OP's situation the parents still aren't engaged because they have the resources to hire a babysitter.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.