[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Vote for Stein?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: jill-stein-1-1024x748.jpg (76KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
jill-stein-1-1024x748.jpg
76KB, 1024x748px
So, going to the polls today. Gonna vote for Jill Stein, since I think the environment is more important than anything else right now. Anything I should know about her before I do?

I would choose the Sand-Man, but after Obama, I don't want to go for another "save the economy" president.

She likely won't win, but, hey, what's the point of democracy if you don't try?
>>
Going to vote Johnson myself. The main parties are embarrassingly bad and corrupt.
>>
Stein wants to make pesticides and GMOs completely illegal. She also kind of panders to anti-vaccers using evasive rhetoric. Most importantly, lacks essential understanding in vital areas of knowledge, such as economics.

Johnson is pretty bad too. He's essentially a modern Luddite who wants to get rid of every kind of government subsidy we have. Which would be so incredibly stupid.

No one should kid themselves, every candidate in this election sucks.
>>
>>17745698
>She likely won't win
Complete understatement. There is a bigger chance that somebody assassinates Hillary AND the orange clown than Stein winning.

>since I think the environment is more important than anything else right now.
Then Hillary it is. I considered Stein too as a moral vote because who the fuck wants to be responsible for the next war Hillary starts but given the potential of the pussy grabber winning, it's not that smart, even given how singular votes aren't worth shit.

It's going to be Hillary or Trump; as shit as Hillary is, she isn't against social progress and realizes the danger of climate change. Orange clown thinks/says it's Chinese propaganda and shits on everybody who isn't a white male.

>>17745708
>voting for a guy who doesn't know what Aleppo is
He's probably even more ignorant than Trump and that is impressive.

>>17745740
>Stein wants to make pesticides and GMOs completely illegal. She also kind of panders to anti-vaccers using evasive rhetoric.
There were the reasons that made the switch even easier for me. Specially the anti-vaccers shit is weird, she's a fucking doctor.

>lacks essential understanding in vital areas of knowledge, such as economics
How comes? She sounded a lot like Sanders with more focus on green shit, which is billion times more important than MINERS LOSIN' THEIR JAAABS.
>>
>>17745708
>>17745785
Aleppo is not even the biggest thing for me. its the fucking retarded thought process he has to totally eliminate all of the other offices. He is literally just a fucking hippy stoner who ideas are worst then the corrupt politican and the asshole

>different then the op
>>
>>17745785
>It's going to be Hillary or Trump; as shit as Hillary is, she isn't against social progress and realizes the danger of climate change.

But hilary is going to totally double down the economic policies that are killing the middle class. The middle class is what is important to the usa and other 1st world countries.

men I fucking hate that I have 2 degrees without a decent fucking job and with hilary is going to be more of the 18-34 youngs without decent jobs
>>
>>17745698
She must be so hot when she's young, any lewd pics?
>>
>>17746235
>I fucking hate that I have 2 degrees without a decent fucking job
Holy shit...how can you expect the President to help you apply and interview for jobs? Get the fuck out there. Apply every damn day and just get in front of people. My husband does 2 jobs. I make over 100k with no degree.
>>
>>17746247
>I make over 100k with no degree.
Do you work for Greg Lansky?
>>
>>17746247
>I have applied to over 100 jobs within the last month and a half.
>had like 10 interviews
>have had 2 internships and 3 other jobs this year
Its not from lack of trying.

There really should be more high paying jobs out there. It isnt just me with this problem.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/04/young-millennials-job-market-losers/

Hilary clinton is going to continue to think we have a problem with education instead of just the fact that there are barely any jobs out there to pay back huge loans.
>>
>>17746278
100? Hahaha. So you're only applying to things in your area, MAYBE your state.

That's not doing it right. At all. If you were hitting the grind like you ought to, you'd be throwing out hundreds a month, nation-wide. If you're not willing to pick up and ship off somewhere else, you're only hurting yourself.
>>
>>17746290
of course I am open for that but I have read that most companies throw you out because you arent local. they arent really going to pay for relocation costs and they only tell their HR people to go for local candidates.

I also dont have the money to travel very far for interviews unless the companies pays for me and I shouldnt go around thinking that way.

>I live in south florida
men its not like I live in a shit ass place with no jobs
>>
>>17745698

Yeah go and waste your time
>>
>>17746308

Right. You acknowledge there are jobs. Hundreds, in fact, because you applied for them. You have just under a 10% response rate for interviews. You have failed all of them.

So you can't blame the job market. You can cry all you want that the salaries aren't what you'd like. But the bottom line is that you're not sealing the deal. You're failing when you get to the door.

You need to fix your shit, go back to your university, and have them coach you on how to interview properly. Because that's all that's fucking you right now.
>>
>>17745698
You are making a statement by voting for Jill Stein. Use your voice and vote for what you want. This is the purpose of democracy.

People try to make it seem like there is a huge difference between Clinton and Trump, but both are just business as usual. Go for the third party.
>>
>>17746321

If a third party can't win this year, then they will never ever win unless the system is radically changed and the electoral college stops mattering.
>>
>>17746325
Well, they won't win unless people vote for them.
>>
>>17746332

And people won't vote for them because the system is rigged against them. The top two parties are just way too strong bud. Time to face the facts. These two candidates are the most unlikable in modern history, yet third party candidates can't even poll more than 10% of the population
>>
>>17746337
Even more reason to give them a chance and vote for them.
>>
>>17745698
Stein is the most competent candidate, the thing is no one gives a fuck about her.
>>
>>17746344
>>17746337
but each third party candidate are far worse then trump and clinton. You can go voting towards some candidate that would fuck up the government more.

might as well vote for clinton or trump

>>17746355
like that is saying much in this race
>>
>>17746321
come on you cant say trump is business as usual. He is not even a politician up until the race
>>
>>17745698
She's anti-vax and anti-nuclear; she clearly cares neither about people nor the environment
>>
>>17746410
>come on you cant say trump is business as usual. He is not even a politician up until the race
He wasn't a politician, but he was a politician-buyer. Close enough to business as usual that I think it counts.

That said, Jill Stein is a freaking Bambi environmentalist. She talks a semi-decent game on global warming out of one side of her mouth, while spewing a anti-vaccine/nuclear/GMO out of the other. A protest vote is a fine thing, but don't encourage the moonbats.
>>
>I think the environment is more important than anything else right now.
I don't think you know how realistic her plans are. Do you know how much material and land it would take to set up enough solar panels/and or windmills to power the United States. Do you know if any of the materials used to create solar panels are harmful to the environment? Even if the United States and other European countries cutted its fossil fuel emissions to zero, there are still other countries out there with an increasing population that can't afford to switch to green energy. Unless we stumble upon some miracle, we're all fucked in the end no matter what we do. At best, you and slow the decline.
>>17746310
^Pretty much. Yeah, you can argue that if everyone voted for who they really want to win over a more realistic candidate, then she'd have a chance. Keep in mind you're just one person; nobody's going to change if you do something different. You're just one out of 320 million U.S. citizens.
>>
>>17746739

The thing about investing in renewable energy is that it switches the job market towards that certain field, the items become increasingly common and readily available, and the general pricing of everything diminishes and more research and competition into the field makes things easier to create and find.

With that being said, the technology soon becomes cheaper so poorer countries can invest in and be given. The bottom line comes down not to the environment fully, but the fact that fossil fuels reservoirs in the earth are being depleted, so if we continue much of our machines and vehicles will become obsolete and useless.

So for the progression of our society, we will have to make these changes anyway. The environment not being as polluted is a definite bonus as well.
>>
>>17746555
But you cant just give up your power like that when none of the candidates are a good candidate. I much rather vote for one of the viable candidate that I see doing the least harm.

There is just as big of a problem with the system as with the voting public. Men I cant even see it getting any better with more and more people ready to vote for the crazier and crazier systems
>>
>>17746235
>men I fucking hate that I have 2 degrees without a decent fucking job
In what? How much are you making a year?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.