[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some weeks ago i asked /adv if crying was an OK way to let go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: pls_help.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pls_help.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Some weeks ago i asked /adv if crying was an OK way to let go of stress, and of course people said it was ok. The thing is i've started doing it so frequently. Its got to the point that i cry 3-4 times a week. Just curling up in a corner in the bathroom. I cry mostly because im anxious. I highly doubt i have anxiety, but i've allways been anxious.

Its most recent that i've started crying so much. It just feels good the day after, so i keep doing it.

Will it help if i open up to someone? Should i just try to contain myself a bit more, or can i open up to my gf or a good friend? Should i find another way to release stress?
>>
>i highly doubt i have anxiety
>i've always been anxious

you have anxiety my friend.

and i think opening up and letting someone else take on the burden at least a little bit, by being aware of how you feel, would be a good release.

but what do i know.
>>
>>17745493
I dont know if i have anxiety. It feels like such a incredibly serious thing and i dont really feel like its that serious. I've allways been anxious and i cant really think through my problems on my own, but i dont think that it is that severe.
>>
>>17745506
If you want clinical proof, go see a professional and get an analysis. They can tell you if your anxious feelings are within the boundaries of a healthy psyche or if you're actually having a disorder of sorts.
>>
>>17745477
You are under stress. You find that crying helps. By itself there is nothing wrong with that.

But you are beginning to feel upset that this is not the best self-medication.

So you have two options - either reduce the stress, so you don't need to cry anymore, or find a new way of coping with stress that doesn't make you feel guilty.

Either route will require some outside help - probably not longterm psychoanalysis, just band-aid problem-fixing.

Go to a counselor/therapist. Present the issue. He/she will hep you through these steps:

Figure out what is causing the stress.
Figure out if the stress can be reduced
If yes, figure out how to reduce it.
If no, figure out alternative ways (other than crying) to deal with it.

Don't be afraid to get help. This is the sort of thing therapists are good at, and you won't be judged.
>>
>>17745604
I think I will see a therapist and get things checked out. Thank you

>>17745610
I'll check out the therapist solution and I highly doubt that the problem is that severe, and honestly i think the solution is pretty simple. Its just something i've grown up with really. Its not until recently that i've been doing it, due to my sister struggling mentally and not being used to having a girl this intimate (overanalyzing things i guess). Its just my thoughts going ape shit and i have to vent them out
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.