[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's it like having a family? it's all I dream about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1369879420770.png (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1369879420770.png
119KB, 1000x1000px
what's it like having a family?

it's all I dream about
>>
It's nice anon. It isn't a dreamworld of happiness and glee, but it's nice.
>>
Really amazing and comfortable.
I can talk about anything without shame and ask for advice on.
I am getting my education and accommodation paid for by them atm.
If I somehow fuck up life I can always go back and live with my parents or brothers.
>>
For me, it's like belonging to a weird club made up of normalfags of various ages with which I have very little in common except for genes, most of which I don't particularly like and a couple I actively dislike. For a couple decades twice a year I was expected to go to one of their houses to eat their food, make awkward small talk, confirm that nothing had changed in the past year, be shamed for not having accomplished more with my life, and once a year accept gifts from them that, while a nice gesture, were generally unwanted, more trouble than they were worth and I'd need to donate to charity to keep from taking up space in my home. When I stopped going to these yearly events because they made me more uncomfortable than they brought me joy, I think they considered me rude. If one of us dies I'm also expected to show up to the funeral and be a part of dividing the assets. I spent my childhood with a couple of them, which was nice, but like my other childhood friends we've grown apart over the years and now have very little to do with one another aside from the obvious tie. I'm still friends with one of them, but it's a long distance relationship and we don't see much of eachother. I find it really weird that if I get married these will be the people that will attend one of the most important days of my life, and that I'll be officially joining a second similar club of strangers who I know even less. I'm sorry for being insensitive.
>>
>>17744084
Unless it's your own aka. wife/husband/kids; it's just like having long term roommates and people you know for a very long time that may or may not be your friends. All of you are socially conditioned to pretend that you give any fucks about the others.
>>
I live in bumfuck nowhere on an island so everyone here is expected to be super close with their family.

I mean my family's great and all but it's kinda boring having to stick around the same people because it's "tradition".
>>
well, sometimes they try to light your car on fire. sometimes they accuse you of selling drugs and hire PI firms to follow you. sometimes they steal thousands of dollars from you. sometimes they completely shit all over you and anything you do in a bid to break down your self confidence enough that they can control your life. sometimes they allow other people to dish out the abuse on you. sometimes they start rumors to break you up from someone you desperately love because they don't think they're right for you or that you deserve them. sometimes they drink way too goddamn much. sometimes they try to ruin your life. sometimes they make life seem like some bizarro MTV shit show. with all that they act like everything is normal and like they are entitled to your continued love.

Then there's the one great family member that actually acts like a real person.

I don't have much family anymore. don't feel to worried about it, batman.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.