[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1816.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1816.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
When is it time to go to the hospital for severe depression? I'm having anxiety of stupid little things and I started to cut myself yesterday. I'm on Effexor of Abilify and have been self medicating with oxy and kpins. Help me.
>>
>>17742782
Help yourself idiot, we wont go to a therapist for you, atention seeking cunt
>>
>>17742782
>When is it time to go to the hospital
Whenever you want to, nobody's gonna tell you "Oh no, you're not sick enough, we won't treat you."
>>
>>17742996
Actually some places do that.
>>
>>17743010
That's fucked up. I mean, if something bad happens, they can be held liable because they didn't do anything. Hippocratic oath 'n' stuff.

Besides, OP, you're well beyond the point of "Should I go to the hospital yet?", so I urge you to visit a psychiatric centre or hospital of any kind.
>>
>>17743010
>My friend in middle school said it's true so it is
At least in Burgerland, you can say the magic words "I think I'm a danger to myself or others" and you'll get involuntarily committed.
>>
>>17743021
It's actually counterproductive to hospitalize some people. It can foster dependency and serves to reward attention seeking negative behavior. That's why people almost never hospitalize borderlines who are "suicidal", it's all for attention. Then they go to the papers and complain for their outlet, but research actually shows it's worse to reward them with hospitalization...
>>
>>17743050
I don't know, man, I went last Friday to a psychologist because of suicidal thoughts, they wanted me to go to the ER and to be commited, but since I'm an adult, I was allowed to decline. Today I went over there, talked with a doctor and they strongly urged me to stay 2-3 weeks at the hospital, until the antidepressants start to kick in, but I refused.

That's the protocol in Slav country where I'm from, if someone with suicidal tendencies comes forward seeking help - a trip to the ER is strongly urged.
>>
>>17742782
Yes, by all means, go and get the help you need. You will be welcomed as long as your insurance is good.
>>
>>17743058
I'm guessing you're not diagnosed with BPD or any other attention seeking disorder so that anecdote is irrelevant to what I was saying.
>>
>>17743095
No, I'd never been to a therapist before that so I haven't been diagnosed at all, just wanted to share my experience, sorry.
>>
>>17743099
That's fine, just wanted to point out that not all suicidal behavior is equal. Hospitalizing someone who is seeking the care of a hospital and is desperate to be taken care of can reinforce self-injurious behavior and suicidal behavior. It's recommended to not reward the suicidal behavior of these people with hospitalization. For people who are depressed, the protocol varies.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.