[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STDs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0747.jpg (72KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0747.jpg
72KB, 1024x1024px
Alright /adv/ I'm in quite a predicament.

I met this girl, she's gorgeous, intelligent, funny, a fiery redhead with green eyes, a dancer, gymnast, and a generally sexy woman. There's only one slightly significant problem... She has the herpes 2 virus.

What should I do? I really like her, and she says she takes medicine daily, but is it really safe?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

> pic not related
>>
Dont risk it, theres plenty of fish in the sea
>>
>>17742731
Is there a safe way to go about this though, if I were to decide to go through with it?
>>
>>17742740
Be in a relationship just don't have sex with her or else you *will* get herpes.
>>
>>17742767
Fuck

Isn't there a way to have safe sex with that or is it just inevitable because of the frequency?
>>
>>17742727
Gross. Don't go there my friend unless you are asexual.
>>
>>17742770
Some couples have unprotected sex for years and years and transmission of the virus never occurs.
Some couples only have protected sex once or twice and that's enough to cause infection.

From what I can remember off the top of my head, scientific studies estimate that yearly transmission rates inside monogamous relationships are as low as 2% if the carrier takes daily surpressive medication.
Add a condom to that equation every time you have sex and the number is halved, 1% chance of transmission per year.

Personally, that 1% is still too high for me to even consider risking contracting a lifelong infection which causes frequent and painful outbreaks on the genitals for even a second, and I know that I would never be able to live with myself if I were to infect somebody I cared for.

In the end, it's up to you to decide if the risk is one worth taking.
Just know that there is no way to have sex with a person who has genital herpes that is zero-risk.
>>
>>17742787
Alright I understand, thank you for the information though
>>
Your dick is doing the talking. Don't do it, that shit is painful and spreads easily during outbreaks.
>>
>>17742727
Get to know her more. Wait till you get in a real relationship to even consider sex. If you decide you wouldn't marry her then it's not worth the risk. Risking lifelong infection is only worth it for a soul mate
>>
>>17742727
Don't do it. You will eventually catch it, and then you're stuck with it.
>>
OP you need to do the research and decide for yourself whether or not it's worth it.

I've had hsv2 for about seven years. Had unprotected sex with my previous bf for four years, he never got it. I'm seeing my current bf for around two years now, still unprotected, he still doesn't have it. When I say unprotected I mean no condom or medication or anything.

You need to look into this for yourself. A lot of people don't think it's worth it, obviously, but some people read about it and think it's worth the risk.
>>
>>17743051
Why don't you at least take medication?
>>
>>17743057
There is no cure.
NO CURE.

Herpes is forever.
No one will ever want to sleep with you.
It's not worth it.
>>
>>17743057
When I first got it years ago I did some research. Basically up until the 60s/70s no one gave a shit about hsv, when big pharma came along with a treatment. Knowing no one would shell out money on their medication if it wasn't seen as a problem they began a campaign to convince people it's the worst thing ever and you absolutely can't live without their medication. I don't want to support an industry like that first of all, and second of all it's really a non-issue as far as I or my bf is concerned. I get maybe one outbreak a year and it is very mild. It's less inconvenient than getting my period even.

>>17743075
>No one will ever want to sleep with you.
This is also not true for either sex.
>>
>>17742727

Does she have any interest in you? If there's potential for a long term thing I'd say go for it. If it's going to be a short term thing or fwb, unless she's unbelievably hot I'd find someone else.
>>
>>17743100
Not only is she unbelievabley hot, she also has a great personality
>>17743051
>>17743083
I'll definitely look into it more and obviously I'm gonna spend more time with her before I decide if I want to get intimate.

For some reason she didn't even want to kiss. Isn't hv2 just in the genitals?
>>
>>17743157
>For some reason she didn't even want to kiss. Isn't hv2 just in the genitals?
It is predominantly on the genitals, but you can get it in other areas. It's not very common but keep that in mind.

Depending on how long she's had it and based on her previous experiences she may feel "dirty" and nervous about your reaction. She may be uneducated about it as well and it could just be a misunderstanding about how it works on her part.
>>
>>17743083
>>No one will ever want to sleep with you.
>This is also not true for either sex.
Why do you think this thread has been created? People are rightly afraid of this virus. It doesn't go away and can infect babies during delivery.

Only people with it say "it's no big deal."
>>
>>17742727
I guess I can tell you my experience.

My GF of 6 years and I have never had unprotected sex. (Lowering my risks of getting her pregnant as low as possible), but we have no rule when it comes to oral. Perhaps like a year ago, I ate her out and then she was confirmed to have herpes 1 by her doctor. Different case than yours OP, but it was pretty devastating to hear that I infected my girl, but I'm safe. Since then, we've been more "safer" I guess, but as time went by, we resume our usual routines, but I'm still okay and my GF hasn't gotten any crazy outbreaks since then.She takes all her needed meds and everything.

Now of course, there's a risk for everything, but If you truly think she's the one, I'd say you can work it out. There's more things to consider, but with having herpes for like a year now, we've almost forgot about the whole thing and don't have it affect our relationship at all.

Best of luck to you.
>>
>>17743209
So you gave her genital HSV-1. Usually a mild condition which rarely sheds the virus or breaks out.

Have you at any point in life had symptoms (cold sores) on/around your mouth?
Just curious.
>>
>>17743215
Not at all, thankfully. I guess just for reference, I've participate in oral perhaps like 2-3 times a month? It's been a year so I'm pretty glad nothing like that has happened.
>>
>>17743184
That's what I think as well. She's obviously self conscious about it all and she feels gross since society pretty much shuns people with stds.
>>
>>17742727
well if you think with your big brain and not your little brain that is telling you to fuck I would not go for it. she could forget to take her medication one day and you are fucked or the virus could become resistant to the medication and you are fucked too.
>>
>>17743186
It's not what I think it's what I know after having people sleep with me after telling them I have it. There are plenty of people out there sleeping with people who have hsv who don't have it themselves.

Yeah...you're right it doesn't go away, but so what? My outbreaks come less often than my period even does and it's no more annoying or long-lasting than a pimple.

Look, I'm not trying to convince anyone to sleep with people who have hsv2, I'm trying to convince people to look into it for themselves and decide if they think the risk is worth it.
>>
>>17743254
She said she doesn't have to take the medication daily, but she does just to be more safe in case she has a significant other
>>
>>17742727
she probably got that herpes from dancing on drakes dick
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.