[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mum doesnt like gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471702327890.jpg (127KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471702327890.jpg
127KB, 819x1024px
took the gf home to meet my mum

gf is great. shes funny, caring and puts in effort. we're both 24

gf got married young and is now divorced.

mum basically hates her because of this. never wants to see her again.

said the following while crying
>youre undervaluing yourself
>shes had a life before you, you will never connect properly
>shes a leech that will glue herself to you because you are great
>people are laughing behind your back
>she will never be satisfied
>you guys will never work out
>you will thank me in the future
etc etc

i do understand that shes my mother and only wants the best for me.

im not going to break up with my gf because my mum doesnt like her.
i just dont know what the fuck to do now? how do i tackle this?
>>
>i do understand that shes my mother and only wants the best for me.
>im not going to break up with my gf because my mum doesnt like her.

tell your mom exactly that

i just dont know what the fuck to do now? how do i tackle this?

...and give it at least a couple of months of enjoying the relationship before you make any decisions.

put it out of your head, dude. you like her, just roll with it for a bit.
>>
Your mother is never going to accept your girlfriend. You need to decide if you're okay with this, and if your girlfriend is okay with this. How old is your girlfriend, btw?
>>
>>17742656
>give it at least a couple of months
we've been together for 11 months

>>17742657
i do respect my mother and value her opinion highly. im not going to break up but i dont want any hard feeling between mother and i because she doesnt like her. my parents marriage has pretty much fallen apart and i feel shes worried about the same happening to me? im not sure. im not even thinking about marriage at this point. ive told her how i feel and that im happy with her but mum isnt having any of it. she was crying and even went to throw up
>>
>24
>gf got married young and is now divorced.

R E D F L A G
E
D

F
L
A
G
>>
>>17742667
How old is your girlfriend. The younger she is, the more likely her failed marriage is to reinforce your mother's perceptions. If she's a bit older, then your mother's being a bit more unreasonable.

Also your mother is correct, to a degree. People who have been divorced are more likely to have their subsequent marriages fail. Even if you don't get married and become a common law marriage or de facto relationship or whatever the term is where you live, the chances of it failing are higher than if she hadn't been married and divorced.
>>
>>17742651
Does she have kid(s)?
>>
>>17742675
Thats more to do with the people who get married 3-4 times pulling the average up. I'd be worried about it lasting if you were her third marriage but if it was a young and dumb marriage I wouldn't even bother with the statistics
>>
>>17742690
I don't know the exact statistics so you may be right, but like I said, OP's mother is going through her own marriage problems, and this is just reinforcing her ideas about this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.