[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I even try?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: im confused.jpg (9KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
im confused.jpg
9KB, 300x256px
There's this cute girl in two of my classes today. I've talked to her 3 or so times now, I think she’s pretty shy though. Me and her always show up to our first class like 40 minutes early.

I talked to her Thursday, and I fucked up I guess. I just don't have a good feeling about it.

She helped me Monday, so I walk in, she's there early, I say,”Hi, thanks for helping me Monday”, she says no problem, I introduce myself, we exchange names. I ask why she's there early, she also commutes from a place that sounds farther than it actually is, it's apparently a quicker drive than mine is.

The fuck up is that since I was so fucking stupid/tired/scared I didn't know what to lead off into. I could've ended it there and went into majors etc, but no, I go, "Oh yeah uh, my uncle used to live there, they sold recently!" and I stumbled saying this shit, and she's just like, "Oh okay..."

Her friend walked in like right after this and jumped into the conversation though and saved it a bit, she was doing the most of the talking to us both. She asked qt her major and shit, and we both share the exact same major, which is a surprise since it's actually a small one. Her friend asks if we're in the same classes and I say, "Honestly this is really the first time I've really spoken to her."

We talked a bit more about some classes and shit, her friend asked about some requirements and stuff. It wasn't a bad conversation, qt did smile throughout, just seemed sort of off I guess. I get the feeling she wasn't comfortable entirely with the situation for some reason.

Anyway a bunch more kids show up and start walking to the class, and qt just walks in right after her friend goes, "I guess everyone is heading in."

And that's about it. I sit in back of her in that class, and next class I'm across the room, where I did notice her look at me a couple times.

Do I even try? I feel like she's not even interested in me.
>>
>>17742417
She probably is or isnt.
But lucky you know the Gatekeeper.
Talk to her friend (i believe you have an easier time to talk to her) and hint that you might be intrested in the qt.
Girs are super hyped about stuff like that, she could be your inside-girl. Helping you by pushing from the other side.
>>
>>17742428
Yeah but the weird part is, her friend that talked to us doesn't sit with her in the class.

qt sits in front of me with the same 4 girls each time, weirdly the other girl doesn't sit with her at all and it seems the only time they really talk is before class or some shit.

Just a follow up question, the fuck do I do today then, before her friend shows up? Do I just say, "Hey what's up anonette" and go from there?

What if I trip over words again and draw a blank on what to say?
>>
>>17742440
Well you already have a partial profile of this girl
Name, hometown, major, probably some trivia that youve overheard.
In cases like this you need an icebreaker, usually they involve jokes (i hope you know some relevant ones) even if she doesnt laugh, atleast now ylu have a reason to keep talking.
And dont think about trying to impress her or do something that you think will make her like you more.
Things like that usually ends with you standing there making a fool out of yourself.
I know that the butterflies and all that makes it impossible to think straight around her but just keep a cool head and show her your confidence. She seems to be even more shy, so for her it is horrifying standing there not knowing what to say, you doing the talking and steering the conversation will make it easier for her to open up. After speaking a bit she may feel more comfortable speaking up and then it wont really be hard to converse normally.
>>
>>17742458

Just posting this for no reason, I actually have no idea if she's shy or not. She sorta fits the bill, but also doesn't.

I haven't seen her speak to people outside her group of friends really, and I don't really know of a time where she's the one who's started a conversation with someone, it almost always seems to be people talking to her.

But the other thing is that she needs to also not be shy to have like 5 or 6 friends in her classes, right?

I know almost nothing of her other than this stuff, so I have no real basis to say if she's shy or not.

The biggest thing in my favor is that my classes are probably going to get smaller over time, and since we have the same major I'm thinking I'll probably see her a lot more often.

Other than this aside, thanks for the help dude. I really just don't know what to even say. What do I talk about to even start the conversation? Like, keeping a cool head is a big thing, but what do I even talk about?
>>
>>17742507
Well a few years ago I asked the same question, and well the answer is simple.
Dont talk, let them do most of it.

What I mean is that more often than not, girls love to talk about themselves or their intrests. Asking open ended questions like "What do you like about our major?" Or "How did you do on the last test?". Any question that isnt limited to a set number of answers like Yes/No questions are good because then you force the person to actually answer in sentences. That will make it so that even if you are the one asking the questions and making conversation, she is the one that has to speak for most of the time.

And about the shy thing, well more often than not girls can be very shy expecially around new faces. And if she isnt the kind of girl that walks up to you, you have to go to her.

Also, you say she has many friends, if you dont find it hard to talk to them, you could probe them for information. If you normally can talk to girls, use it as an advantage to be funny and charmy to her friends. Once they like you, it will be a lot easier to get the girl. Instead of you doing all the work, her friends will help you out and vouch for you.

Lastly, if you find yourself sitting alone with her with nothing to say, and you have used upp all your energy trying to think of something, just do a simple.

>"Did you do something with your hair/nails/eyes?"

If she hasnt actually changed anything She may get confused and ask if anything is wrong, or just say no.

Then you can sneak in a cheap
>No I just noticed how good it looks on you. (Or something in that style.)

She may freak out and get red as a tomato but thats the reaction you want, just laugh and tell her thats a cute reaction (or whatever is apropriate) and then you can just switch the subject to something easy and she will just roll with it.
That is a killer icebreaker but you cant faint in the middle of it. If you dont feel confident enough to say things like this then just start small.
>>
>>17742570

Holy shit that's actually a genius idea I'll probably never use

Thank you anon
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.