[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long list of things going through my head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1476906350237.jpg (55KB, 564x811px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476906350237.jpg
55KB, 564x811px
Hey /adv/, I'm seeking some help processing my thoughts here, any insight things like that.

Will be long. Sorry in advance. TLDR will in comments.

I've recently come to the conclusion that I've lost most of my friends. I had a small circle to begin with(best friend, couple others) but due to best friend going to college, and other good friend falling to drugs, I don't have anyone other than my SO.

I thought my best friend and I were fine. We had a great friendship in high school. But ever since they went to college its like they completely forgot about me. And whatever you know? People have lives, more important things.

But I figured they would at least make an effort to talk to me every once in a while. That's too much for them I guess.

Because of that, I've fallen into a pretty depressed state. I live with my SO that I love in a cute little apartment, we both have good jobs. I should feel fine.

My SO has a life outside of me. They have hobbies, friends, etc. Where as right now my only friend is them. Now normally I'd be fine with that. I don't need a whole lot, I don't really need hobbies, I have fun with my SO.

But lately I've been noticing that I do a lot for the relationship. And I'm not saying that it's all one sided, my SO does help out here and there.

But I cook every day for them.

I deep clean the apartment every weekend. Vacuum, mop, dust, windex. The works.

I wash the dishes after every meal and any time they leave dishes in the sink. Without being asked.

And I used to always suggest things for us to do.

Go hiking, go out to eat, see a movie, go on dates, dumb shit, road trips. Things that couples do. Fun things.

And because of the fact that they are my only friend, I'd suggest things to do all the time.

I did put their social life into consideration, don't get me wrong. I respect their time.

But my SO never suggest things for us to do. It's always me.

Will continue in comments, thanks to whoever may be reading for taking the time.
>>
Continued.

Aside from suggesting things to do, I used to do cute things for them.

I would buy them little snacks that they liked and write little notes for them before work, and before we lived together I would make their bed or whatever. Little things.

I put in an effort.

I since then stopped doing those things to see if they would start putting in effort.

Nothing.

I tried talking to them about it. Said how I didn't feel appreciated or special to them. They turned it against me saying I didn't notice anything they did.

Made it seem like I was attacking them. They weren't good enough.

So I stopped. Didn't go any further with that.

Nothing has changed since then. We play video games together and watch shows but we never go out and do anything.

I don't /want/ to be the only one trying to make an effort.

The other day I was upset about something unrelated that my SO did, and they suggested we go out to eat.

Because I was mad. The time they suggest things is when they feel they need to. Not because they want to.

Tried bringing it up again today. Same thing happened, less hostile, but it didn't get anywhere.

So basically I go to work, cook, clean, come home and spend time with my SO.

On weekend they do their thing for a day, then spend time with me.

My time on the weekend involves cooking, cleaning, playing video games, and reading. Just being bored.

>get hobbies
>have a separate life

I get that. I really do. I'm getting a nice camera for christmas to try and pick up photography. Going hiking places and taking nice pictures that I like. I also though about getting a dog for companionship. Taking them hiking with me.

But I want to have fun with my SO too. I want to feel like we're still dating.

Basically I'm just looking to see if my thoughts are justified. Maybe some advice other than getting hobbies or getting new friends.

TLDR to come next
>>
Get a hobby or something, go to a gym maybe? You can bond with people there, and even if you don't I find it works wonders taking your mind off things.
>>
>>17741517
The only thing I can suggest for your SO is play a little hard to get, distance yourself ever so slightly and see if they fill the gap. Either that or suggest spreading out the house chores between the two of you if you feel overworked.
>>
TLDR

>live with SO
>only friend is SO
>Love them with all my heart, but feel as though they aren't putting in a whole lot of effort into relationship anymore
>try to talk about it, can't get the point through
>trying new hobbies in future so I'm not so empty feeling/alone
>still want to have fun with my SO and go do things together, continue the feel of dating
>>
>>17741532
Perhaps you could find a mutual interest with your SO and share a hobby?
>>
>>17741519
Mentioned the whole hobby thing in the next part. Only thing about the gym is I've been a little underweight my whole life, tall skinny thing. Whenever I work out I lose more weight. Weird but I do get where you're coming from, I appreciate the suggestion anon
>>
i refuse to read
>>
>>17741537
True. We do both love video games and I enjoy doing that every now and then. Its just every weekend it contributes to the depressed, cooped up feeling I get. Will think of other hobbies though
>>
>>17741526
I've been trying that damn tactic. Its my first one. The little distance, stop doing stuff for them are if they catch on. But it didn't get anywhere So that's when I tried talking to them about it. And with the housework, honestly I like to clean. Its just the fact that they don't even say thank you or acknowledge the fact that I do all of that for them. It just goes unnoticed.
>>
>>17741551
See if they catch on.**

Thank you for the advice though. Maybe I'll see if they can do a couple of chores here and there
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.