[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing a friend to drugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: night.png (199KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
night.png
199KB, 712x480px
Evening guys!

Today I lost a friend of ~10 years.
We don't know yet the exact cause but have reason to believe it was an overdose. Perhaps Heroin, maybe cocaine.

I'm not looking for advice, but hope to offer a word of warning to anyone out there who knows someone who is messing with hard shit or experimenting with different substances.

My friend was smart, in grad-school, and had a great future ahead of himself. He'd been experimenting/taking with psychedelics, party drugs, etc since high school. It never got in the way of his studies and he always preached about using responsibly. We believed him. He was, by all accounts, a successful person.

That's why we never saw this coming. We didn't think it was a problem. We didn't know he had even fucked with something like heroin until today when it came out through his room mate. This was probably the cause, but I can't say until his family confirms it.

What I'm trying to say is, look out for your bros Anons. You don't come back from heroin addiction. It will take you in the end. So be mindful, talk about it. Tell your friends how much they mean to you.
>>
>>17741097
What do you actually do when you see people going down that way?

A friend i started studying with is similar as you described it, just not successful. He's smoked weed heavily since he was 14 or so, and sometimes did some nastier shit when it got offered at parties (coke and speed mainly). In the last year or so he's been experimenting quite heavily with "research chemicals "(basically legal versions of speed and other stimulants, just with pretty unknown side effects), used speed and coke more often. Sometimes it got out of control (with speed and some shitty RC, whatever it was). Ended up in the hospital once because the shit fucked up his immune system and he got a nasty infection in his mouth.

I recommended him to go to a therapist for his problems with depression he sometimes talks about but he just blocks off completly. Talks about them in some sort of /pol/ tier conspiracy shit, that they just want to get you on anti depressants and whatnot.

I really fear that he'll go to far and loose himself in this shit.
>>
>>17741291
Well, I don't know what to do when you see it because we didn't see it coming. We had no clue that it was an issue.

I guess there is only so much that you can do for a person before you've exhausted all of your options. You could always reach out to his family as a last resort, though this may just piss him off until he comes around.
>>
R.I.P to your dear friend anon. You can do drugs responsibly though. Shit like Coke and Heroin aren't good but most psychedelics, weed, MDMA, and some other drugs are perfectly fine and are proven to be safe.
>>
>>17741604
his parents already know to some degree. I don't want to burn bridges with him, just help. I've got no idea how.

Thanks for the advice, and i'm sorry for your friend.
>>
>>17741713
>burn bridges
What does this mean?
>>
>>17741860
Idiom. Cutting ties with no way back
>>
>>17741899
Thanks.
>>
>>17741713
Wish I could be of more help, my dude.
Yeah, thinking back now...I don't even know if there was anything I could have said to him to make a change you know? But I wish I would've tried, dammit.
>>
I've been a heroin addict since 2008. I graduated with and undergraduate degree in physics and a masters in quantitative finance both from Georgia Tech and work in the Quantitative modelling group at Bank of America.

Did I mention I hate my life? I'm 26, make 120k+15% Bonus a year in Atlanta and I spend most of it on heroin. I'm not even alive anymore. Women have approached me asking to hang out some time or get a drink and I decline their offer because pic related. Though I don't look like that, I look completely normal.

I don't know what to do. Rehab hasn't worked. I wont tell my family because all that will do is make them worry 24/7 about me. Maybe I should buy a gun and kill myself. JK JK. BUT in reality I do get passing thoughts like that. I obviously won't kill myself but I'm not in a good place if these sort of thoughts show up on their own.
>>
>>17742920
Heroin killed my uncle. It kills most who come in contact with it eventually.
There's gonna be a day where it catches up on you and you fuck up.
For all you know, it could even be tomorrow.
You got to find the willpower to taper off or it'll be your funeral.
I'd would much rather have my uncle around today, his death was so sudden that it's caused divides in the family. Don't let that happen to yours.
>>
>>17742920
Heroin abuse is not only physical but mentally addictive, being a heroin addict like you claim should put you in a fairly basic enviroment.

Little to No people around to support you everyday. Only you and your needle.

To overcome your addiction you will not only have to go thru rehab; but also drastically change your enviroment. It doesnt matter if you have all the money in the world. Without the support of family and friends, youll only keep shooting
>>
I abuse stims for work. I try to keep my dosages relatively safe but there's always a chance of OD'ing and it spooks the fuck outta me.
>>
>>17742953
Do you work in service and is it speed/coke that you use?
>>
>>17742956
I use an analog of ritalin,as amphetamines get me twitchy and sad.

But yes! I do work in low wage service, about 50-60hour week averages.
>>
>>17742959
I was considering getting some speed to study with. You can't get any adderall or ritalin here.
In the library in college you can spot those who are on study aids.
So you get your stuff from the deepweb?
>>
>>17742965
Fuck no. I have a friend. I'm sure markets will work out well for you though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.