[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying and motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20161106-WA0006.jpg (31KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161106-WA0006.jpg
31KB, 480x474px
I'm turning 19 very soon and I'm struggling with studying.
I recently started noticing that the world is not as easy as I thought it was, maybe that's part of growing up.
All of my life I've been goofing around at school and haven't really done much.
I'm starting to really regret it since I know that I now want to get a degree in Chemistry.
It bothers me cause I'm smart but too lazy to function. It doesn't feel right to be wasting my life if I'd have the potential to get some meaningful degrees.
My questions to you guys are;
How do I go about studying?
Where do I start and how do I maintain the flow of doing my exercises and assignments given by my teachers?
How can I study efficiently but also in an enjoyable way?
How do I make sure I don't forget important information about the subject?
If I'm emotionally struggling how do I make sure it won't effect my grades that much?
Are there any tricks to memorising huge amounts of information?
I'm willing to follow advice if it means I will become better at studying.
I need to become less of a clown and more of an actual student.
>>
>smart but too lazy
if this were an official diagnosis we would have a great pandemic amongst the sub30yrs people
it is cured mostly by trial and error, getting your reasons together and getting an accountability buddy
you've got a long road to go
>>
>How do I go about studying?
Realize time gonna keep passing you by even if shit seem tough and scary.
>Where do I start and how do I maintain the flow of doing my exercises and assignments given by my teachers?
From the beginning? In the end they won't care if you get lazy and fail you work hard for you.
>How can I study efficiently but also in an enjoyable way?
Reward yourself for hard work. Thing long term goal.
>How do I make sure I don't forget important information about the subject?
Scribe it several times a night.
>If I'm emotionally struggling how do I make sure it won't effect my grades that much?
you are you and only you can take caare of you.
>Are there any tricks to memorising huge amounts of information?
understand it in a practical way. scribe the shit out if it.

You are clearly looking for easy answers here. The truth is You need to take care of yourself but think long term. so yeah that means doing shit you don't wanna do. But slacking off means shit will fuck you up later and nobody will care because you chose it.
>>
File: serv.jpg (97KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
serv.jpg
97KB, 685x600px
>>17741120
words of high quality
>>
>>17741107
You're right about getting my reasons together but sometimes this is a really difficult task.
I don't really know exactly what it is that I want in life, what I need in life.
Sometimes life itself seems rather pointless to me.
When I start thinking about my reasons, the moment I know what they are, I just seem to realise everything is so temporary and it makes me struggle to keep going on.
There's so many things I want and it's what drives me but also keeps me down.
The amount of things I'd like to learn and know everything about are just so much that it seems rather impossible to achieve it in the little amount of time I have on this planet.
I'd literally like to know everything even though it's impossible. I'm still a dreamer.
I just really need good advice about how I can motivate myself to keep studying and doing the necessary work without getting bored so quickly and slack off.
>>
>>17741120
Thanks a lot, you're totally right.
I should plan long term instead of short term (not too far ahead cause it will seem out of reach but definitely not short term)
Have a good night I'm off to bed. Thanks for the piece of advice!
>>
File: DO IT.png (42KB, 1633x266px) Image search: [Google]
DO IT.png
42KB, 1633x266px
>>17741151
>You're right about getting my reasons together but sometimes this is a really difficult task.
It's the hardest part, and one many people fail at, especially those that never had to put serious effort into anything before they fell on their face the moment they entered work/university.

Nobody can do that for you, but if you're struggling there is help. The psychology departments of many universitys often offer "procrastination assistance" aimed at young students for free. It might feel a bit awkward to go there but in many cases they can really push you into the right direction.

The worst thing that can happen to people like you is not failing when they get thrown into university but scraping through somehow without changing anything. It's better to fall on your face and loose a year than to continue and not be able to do what you want to do because you never got away from being a lazy piece of shit.
>>
Discipline is a long and arduous road. I am attempting to become more disciplined as well.

Set small goals everyday in regards to your habit. For instance, cut down the amount of time procrastinated by 20 minutes a day.

Use all your mental energy to make sure you persevere through the road to improvement.

Finally, hold onto a goal you love. It mustn't be external (I want the Nobel Prize), but internal (I want a character as strong as that of Augustus). External goals can easily be battered by misfortune, but only you determine your progress towards internal goals.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.