[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone's been acting really cold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Hey, /adv/

So last year, I would describe myself as a quiet, socially awkward person. I belonged to a group, but hardly ever interacted with anyone except for this one individual, who is my best friend. Recently my friend moved away for school, so I nutted up and started talking to the other members - essentially trying to build something resembling a social life.
When I first opened myself up, the other group members were really receptive and friendly, and were generally really talkative, making me feel accepted, but just over the past two weeks, everyone just sorta turned cold towards me. Some of the memberd occasionally hold a conversation with me in person, but now they're really short with me on social media and just recently started ignoring messages completely.

I have done nothing out of the ordinary, and have no idea what went wrong. What should I do?
>>
Bump

Pls don't ignore me too, /adv/
>>
Nobody truly cares about you. You live alone and you die alone like the rest of the sheep.
>>
>>17740968
your probably annoying in a way that is not obvious to you.
>>
Obviously, but it be nice to know why people just turn someone out of seemingly nowhere. I can honestly say the worst offense I committed against any of them was making a few unfunny jokes.
>>
They likely find you annoying and only talked to you cause of your friend. Just try and find new people . If your a qt girl it wont be hard, if your an autist guy then goodluck
>>
>>17741149
Meant to reply to>>17741134

>>17741142
Lately I've just been trying to strike up casual conversations about them and then over time it slowly spirals into a general conversation. They seem to enjoy themselves and I try not to bother them constantly, but I'll try to keep any potential annoying mannerisms in check.
>>
I experience this too anon. Sometimes it feels like all my friends stop responding to me for a few days, it makes me worry that it's because I'm too needy and annoying. Things always get better if I accept their silence and distract myself with other things.

Do you think you might be smothering your group? Just relax, seek validation from within and I bet they'll start warming up again soon.
>>
>>17741217
>Do you think you might be smothering your group?

When I first opened up, I felt this was the case, so I backed off a little bit and everything was generally peachy. I know everyone has a busy life and fully understand if they don't respond to me immediately. After I had a long conversation with any member I left them alone for a few days to maybe a week until I casually messaged them again.

>Just relax, seek validation from within and I bet they'll start warming up again soon.

Thanks, anon. I've been trying. I do actually have a queue of projects related to my hobbies lined up for myself along with work to keep myself occupied. I have been putting them off for a while so now would probably be a good time to focus on them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.