[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel like friends don't want me there. Feels bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1468120049570.png (544KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1468120049570.png
544KB, 500x652px
>Be me, 20
>College anon
>Friends M and N, both actual friends.
>long story short I waited a year before starting college because I waited for a girl, things didn't work out
>Start a year late. I'm freshman, two friends are sophomores.
>They lived in dorms 1st year, made friends. 2nd year them and myself are living in a rented house off campus
>Only friends I have are their friends, because unless you lived in the dorms, you don't really make friends on campus
>I've met them all, they seem to get along well with me. Emphasis on seem.
>Only one of them I work with, and she's wonderful. She's a great friend (She's married, so no I'm not crushing on her) always hugging me, conversational, out of her way friendly to me. She's the only one I feel genuinely likes me as a friend.
>All of their other friends, though, seem different.
>Never invite me to things. I'll be sitting there, and they'll say "Hey M, you wanna go to a coffee shop with us and hang out?" and they'll all go and just leave me there. Didn't think anything at first, until it felt like a regular thing.
>Only time I was invited to shit was when they would text M (They have me on social media, so they could message me if they wanted to) saying "Hey, we're doing this. You can bring anon if you want."
Fuck, that sucks. Like saying "Bring him if you have to."
>One of them (E) tells me she's joking, but honestly I don't believe it. Makes regular comments about not wanting me there. Asks "Why did M bring you?" but swears that she's just joking.
>M invited me to see movie today.
>We go to movie to meet with two friends, E and J
>Hear E say "You didn't tell us you were bringing him."
Immediately in bad mood the whole movie. M and I walked there, and I just left them after the theater, walked home. M asked me what was wrong, but I didn't want to talk about it with him. It wouldn't have fixed anything.

What the hell do I do, guys? It feels like shit to feel like you're not wanted somewhere.
>>
that sucks anon, what a shitty feeling

but maybe you should talk about it with your friends

can't really see this getting solved otherwise
>>
>>17739208
He told me "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but I'm here for ya."

I know what will happen though if I tell him "The way E says shit bothers me, makes me feel like I'm not wanted there. Feels shitty. So unless if they specifically invite me, don't even mention you're doing anything with them. I'd rather not know. And when you read that text to me saying "Bring anon if you want." really put the nail in the coffin. It very obviously meant to only invite me if you have to."

He'll basically tell them that they need to invite me to shit and that will only make me feel worse, because I'll know that the only reason they're inviting me is so I don't feel like shit.

>Like, I don't even know what resolve I'm seeking
I just want to stop feeling like a burden. I want to be around people I feel genuinely like being around me. I'm not cringey or weird. I'm vulgar, I curse a lot, but I don't feel like that ultimately makes someone unbearable to m

Because they obviously don't give a shit enough to invite me to things. And I don't want to be there if I'm not wanted, but I have no opportunities to make new friends unless if I just happen to hit it off with someone next semester.
>>
>>17739219

Dude in a nutshell youre literally creating the problem. If they didnt want you around they wouldnt invite you, period.

Get over the fact youre not a special fucking snowflake where everyone just cant wait to see you and wants to be around you every second. Youre an alright dude, so are your friends, and thats totally ok.

Look from their view, clearly this is an ongoing issue. They chill with you, you always seem all moody and untrusting and acting like Igor from fucking winnie the pooh. But hey, clearly, they still like you, because they keep hanging out with you! They sent an additional text to invite you out. If they typed "want to see if anon wants to come" it might sound all faggy and weird, so they type "invite him if you want" to sound more uncaring and cool. They like you and your company.

The moral of the story is they want to look cool, we all do. But today being cool means not giving a fuck about anything, or at least presenting that image despite everyone knowing its a gay ass game no one even likes. Just chill out bro. Youre good. They like you. You just have your guard up and they see that and it makes THEM unsure if you like them, which is making them put their guard up (ie: how they word texts, trying to act 'cool'), which cycles around to making you put your guard up more etc etc

Hope this sums it up. TLDR its in your head youre fine bro.
>>
You sound gay. Nobody's entitled to friends Read a book or play some dumb game by yourself. Faggot.
>>
>>17739194

Your mistake is making the issue into an actual issue, if you don't give people reasons to dislike you they won't. If you hang out with people and suddenly abruptly walk off afterwards without a word they will think you're a weirdo and probably not be interested in hanging out with you.

If people make jokes and tell you they are just kidding just believe them, interact normally with them and those jokes will likely cease. If they see it get's to you they might make it a regular thing to poke fun at you about your presence being unwanted even if they don't really mean it.

Also don't read into things, if they your friend who they are closer with and said "you can bring anon if you want" I would take that as a good sign because they're actively including you, they could have easily just asked him to come and nothing more. You seem to choose to take things the wrong way.

Just be yourself dude, stop caring if people like you, eventually you are left with friends who really do like you and those that don't tend to disappear naturally.
>>
>>17739238
Thanks I guess. That helped a bit. I'm not trying to act like a special snowflake or any of that shit, but I really never understand why they always invite me by proxy, when I'm fully available via social media. Thing is though, they rarely "invite" me to things. Like today at the theater, they didn't even know I was going. Their surprise and way of saying "You didn't tell us you were bringing anon." sounded like "You should have given us a warning he was coming."

And this is the first time I acted off. I'm always friendly around them. I've never been moody or distrusting around them until today.
>>17739241
Edgy lone wolf?
>>
>>17739259
That's not what a lone wolf is. I am alone though.

Allahu Akbar
>>
>>17739259

Not everyone is going to welcome you with open arms, some people require warming up to. They don't know you that well so inviting you as an extension of your friend might be easier at this point until you develop a more personal relationship with them. Don't let their behaviour affect your mood, just brush it off and try to have fun.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.