[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

college major/career advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: motivation.jpg (564KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
motivation.jpg
564KB, 2560x1440px
hi. i'm almost 30 and work as a CNA, making $12/hour. it sucks and i'm really tired of being poor. i've been taking classes toward a nursing degree, but my friend was just denied entry into the program even though she had As in A&P 1 and 2. which basically means that i have zero chance of ever getting in...

so what the fuck do i do now? should i switch majors completely, to something else? what could i even study that would result in me making money? was thinking computer science but that would be at least another 4 years and i have basically no experience with it. maybe everything will be four years. i have credits toward science majors but hate science classes. no way in fuck am i doing organic chem,

i'm like upset about this.
>>
>>17737795
If you have no options you should just say fuck it and join the military. Get combat experience then go work for private security after a tour. Private security pays pretty decent
>>
>>17737807
the military won't take me. and i wouldn't want to join anyway.
>>
>>17737846
Then learn about running a business
>>
>>17737853
what?

i'm really hoping for some decent advice here.
>>
>>17737862
I don't know much about your situation I'm just trying to give you some food for thought before it gets 404'd
>>
>>17737871
well a business requires like a massive investment to even get started with, and i'm broke as fuck with poor credit. not even sure what kind of business i'd want to run. think i just want a normal job.

does no one have anything to say about college majors and what to go for if you plan on making money? or is everyone just assuming it's too late for me to do college.
>>
>>17737846
Why wouldn't military take you?
>>
>>17737883
surgeries, medically documented suicide attempts, psychological disorders.
>>
>>17737877
Well it would be quite expensive to just switch majors another 4 years and put all that money into tuition
>>
>>17737893
it would have been another 3 years or so in nursing anyway, not that i ever had a chance.
>>
does no one on this board go to college? or hold a college degree?
>>
>>17737904
Oh. Well then find something you think you would be content doing for the rest of your life
>>
>>17737912
I think quite a few do expect most don't have good advice. The ones that do (apparently) have decent careers and salaries are too selfish to bestow any useful information beyond "work hard".
>>
>>17737935
*except
>>
>>17737795
Go for occupational therapy assistant or physical therapy assistant. I have a friend that makes 50k a year as a COTA with an associates that deals strictly in home health and rehab programs.

If you want to make more than that become a OT or PT and pull in 65-100k a year depending on the facility or company you work for. It will take 6 years though minimum if you do not have the credits though to transfer.
>>
Your community college doesn't have an RN program?
>>
Honestly, you sound lazy because you shut down every single piece of advice given to you with half asses excuses.

Pick up a trade you lazy ass and be someone's apprentice.
>>
>>17737795
You could try to become a dental hygienist

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dental-hygienists.htm
>>
>>17737795

>work as a CNA
>taking classes toward a nursing degree

Obviously need a new career path. Stop focusing on money anon, get a couple part time jobs that make good guap like serving tables and such - take some time to explore your options and actually think about what type of career sounds fun. Place yourself in there, don't just brush over. For example -

>military is cool
>lots of respect
>be badass
>guaranteed monies

You may forget about:
>having to kill people on others behalf
>seeing some shit and some stuff man
>being obligated to a shitty life for a set amount of years

There must be some dream you have, start working towards it. You can live the rest of your life wondering what if you did? Or you can push yourself along and gain satisfaction from the hustle. Maybe your dream will even come true one day, imagine that...
>>
>>17739489
what if my dream is simply to be wealthy so i can study liberal arts stuff without working? that's what really interests me, but i have to be practical too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.