[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1477841143870.jpg (61KB, 702x562px) Image search: [Google]
1477841143870.jpg
61KB, 702x562px
GFs dad just got sentenced to Life in prison without the possibility of parole.
She's obviously devastated. How can I help her out during this tough time? What are some nice gestures to perform for someone in his position?
>>
>>17737437
well if ur black just phone up the obama admin and they got u
>>
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that she's going through this.

If you don't mind my asking, what was her father imprisoned for? Sometimes the crime can affect things.
>>
>>17737437
> Life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Sounds like he did something fucked up, so why is she even devastated?
>>
>>17737601
Dude, he's her father. You can find it justified that he's put away for life and still mourn the person who loved and raised you.
>>
>>17737630
If I find out that the person who raised me is a total irredeemable scumbag, there is just nothing to mourn. At worst it's shock over being deceived.
>>
>>17737637
>shock over being deceived
That's not mourning? Realized you never really knew that person is not mourning? That the person you loved and you thought existed turns out not to exist? What about guilt from whether you could have seen the signs, prevented anything?

It is also not that easy to suddenly entirely stop loving someone you have loved your entire life. All the good stuff they did for you didn't just suddenly not happen. And then you feel guilt for still loving someone who is a scumbag etc etc.

It's not that easy at all.
>>
>>17737644
I agree with the first "paragraph" but the second seems like clutching at straws. Once you realize just how horrible the person was, the love tends to disappear quite fast. She's basically in the position of people who didn't know that their parents or grandparents were nazis and the reactions to that are well documented.

As for the actual answer, I doubt there is much another person can do, she'll needs time to think. Just being a supportive bf for her should be enough.
>>
>>17737667
>She's basically in the position of people who didn't know that their parents or grandparents were nazis and the reactions to that are well documented.
It's not that easy to come out and say that while you 1000% condemn what they did and feel disgusted with them, that doesn't mean all of your personal feelings just vanished.
>>
dont try to hard. Let her sulk then help keep her mind off it brah
>>
>>17737674
Well, obviously not in an instant one hears about the conviction but it doesn't take that long either.

The problem is of course that a second person can rarely help here since it's basically the process of sorting your own head out. Best thing another person can do is to create a good environment for that, without extra shit to worry about.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.