[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I signed up for online dating yesterday. My profile has had a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I signed up for online dating yesterday. My profile has had a couple of hundred views already but only a handful of likes. All the women showing an interest in me are ugly as fuck.

Is this the norm? I don't consider myself unattractive and my photos look pretty good. I'm also 6'3 and in decent shape. Online dating is ruining my self-esteem and its only been 24 hours.

I haven't even messaged a girl yet. I've seen a handful of cute ones in amongst the torrent of pigs and weirdos (sorry, just telling it like it is). I can only imagine how many guys contact these women every day.
>>
>>17737011
Do you see anyone that interests you? Shoot them a message, that's what online dating is for. Don't passively wait for someone to message you, and don't settle for someone you won't like just because they did message you. Try not to send an awful message either. Don't make it too long or short, mention something about them that jumped out at you in their profile or that you have in common, try to throw in something witty if possible, and then also try to end it with a question about them, that makes them more likely to respond.

Also what site are you using? Free sites tend to have less serious users.

My met an amazing girl online that I've been married to for 3 years now, so I know it's not impossible. I also met some awful girls online before her though.

All in all, online dating is just another avenue to meet new people with. If you use it correctly, it'll do its job in that department. Just have fun with it.
>>
>>17737038

>met an amazing girl online that I've been married to for 3 years now, so I know it's not impossible. I also met some awful girls online before her though.

Awesome. My friend recently got married after meeting a girl online.

I'm using Match as its paid but I'm also going to try some of the free ones too (although okc seems pretty awful desu)

I know I have to make the first move. I think my ego is just struggling to deal with all the non-attractive women showing an interest in me. I wondered if its because I'm unattractive or because cute women don't bother viewing/winking etc because they get so much attention regardless
>>
>>17737059
Match is where I met my wife actually.

Those unnattractive people are probably messaging everyone. Some people take a machine gun strategy where if they send out enough messages, eventually someone will respond.
>>
>>17737144

How long did it take you to find your wife ? Can I ask what your strategy was?
>>
>>17737011
if ur using okcupid, u gotta bulk up and wear professional attire. if ur using tinder, smile with a picture of a cute dog.
>>
>>17737426
Um, i'm not sure. I dated online mixed in with offline dating for a few years before I met my wife. I was actually on the last of my subscription and wasn't sure if I was going to renew, she had just signed up, I saw her profile and shot her a message. We exchanged a few messages back and forth, then I asked her to dinner. I was 26 at the time and she was 25. I didn't really use much of a strategy other than the end the message with a question about herself like I mentioned.

I think match used to have a service where they would help you update your profile to be better. I think it was like $40. I have no idea how well it works or what they do, but that might be an option.

But just be yourself and try to have fun with it. I also met one of my exes online who cheated on me, so it's not going to always be a win.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.