[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video games are better than life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Napoleon.jpg (135KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon.jpg
135KB, 680x1020px
I feel that way more and more as years pass by.
Life is problem after problem, constraints, fitting in instead of doing what you want, social pressure, every single choice is about money, etc...
In video games I can do interesting things I actually want to do and I'm not just forced to. I can live so many things I can' t in real life because of money or social acceptance and have so many different experiences compare to the routine of real life.

And as I say that, I'm not some old virgin living in my mom's basement. I'm 38, I work, I have a wife and a home.
>>
>>17736846
I've come to a similar conclusion thanks to a review I watched of Baldur's Gate:

>The act of withdrawal from mainstream pop culture interests [is] usually deliberate. Worlds of fantasy can allow a broader range of creative storytelling possibilities than limiting yourself by what is seen as valuable by the mainstream. Roleplaying is intentionally empowering; it's about improv, it's about self-identity, it's about the social connection and shared experience of adventuring.
>>
>>17736846
>>Life is problem after problem, constraints, fitting in instead of doing what you want, social pressure, every single choice is about money, etc...
>Not dropping out of society to grow weed with your hippie gf

Seriously, think about it.
>>
>>17736846
I feel ya man, I'm a kid compared to you though
>>
Maybe we think that because we're fucked by this from an early age, but anyway life is so bland and frustrating if you're not born millionaire that it's so understandable. Maybe it's what the elite want from us. Maybe we should just care about ourselves. idk
>>
OP here.
Didn't think poeple would relate, thought I would be moralized by some.

But seriously, would videogames not exist, I don't know what I'd do. I played music for a long time, but now I just don't have the appeal anymore, after many bands fucked somehow.

Without video games, I would cope.
>>
>>17736893
>I would cope.
Meant I would NOT
>>
What are your favourite games, OP? I want to escape too
>>
>>17736865
Video games are especially appealing if you are born a millionaire. These days a rich boy is going to fuck his life up on video games if he doesn't like partying.
>>
File: goya.jpg (1MB, 1739x2952px) Image search: [Google]
goya.jpg
1MB, 1739x2952px
Its really really crazy to think about how intertwined video games are in modern life. So much of the population plays it daily and many throw their life away to focus on it, sometimes not even knowingly. Just 3 decades ago video games were just blooming (more or less) and now they've become a "staple" of entertainment. Instead of a social life, people turn to video games because it replaces (most) of the void. Why get a great job or girlfriend when you can just settle with video games and be happy with that?

Im just drunk rambling but seriously video games and how it affects/affected people is crazy
>>
>>17736846
*Your* life is problem after problem. Whether you care about fitting in, social pressure, etc. is up to you. You can choose to face your problems or you can continue retreating to video game land (textbook form of escapism, m8).

It is important to divert oneself a bit but keep in mind that excessive video gaming is a waste of time. You aren't gaining anything but a bit of entertainment. If you spend all of your free time playing video games, no wonder problems pile up in other areas of your life.

I know guys in their early twenties who spend literally every hour they aren't in their dead-end jobs playing video games and sitting in voice chat. I love them but they are essentially deluding themselves into thinking it's all they need in life-- this is evidenced by their depressed sense of humors and general nihilism.
>>
>>17737178
>It is important to divert oneself a bit but keep in mind that excessive video gaming is a waste of time. You aren't gaining anything but a bit of entertainment.

This is where I disagree. If you're enjoying yourself and don't have anything more important to do, you're never wasting your time. As long as you do what's necessary, entertaining yourself is a great way to spend your free time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.