[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The concept of revenge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1136x640px
What do you guys think about revenge? I ask because all my life... People would get aggressive with me but I would be the bad guy if I retaliate.

Now I am reconsidering things. Why should I "drop it" if they got ugly with me? Why shouldn't I just go full shock and awe on them?

For example, a while back a woman verbally assaulted me because she thought I groped her on the train. I did no such thing but she assumed it was me because I was in arms length even though I saw the dude who did it and he got off the train right after.

Long story short. She yelled and screamed at me. I didn't tell back.. But what if I had?

Retaliation.. Abd revenge go hand in hand. What if I started retaliating more? What if I exacted my revenge more often?

Revenge to me seems like the only fucking concept worth knowing. If someone kills your whole family, how could you not kill the person who did it?
>>
because it acheives nothing positive, say someone calls you an asshole and you punch them, in that moment where expressing your "rightness" over someone else may make you feel like youre the good guy but whatever his original point was, it stands, and it creates an unsafe enviroment with bystanders and if it gets worse, you pull the authorities into it even though you could of thought about your actions
>>
Typically I don't think revenge is worthwhile, but in the situation you describe raising your voice would simply have been standing up for yourself. If she does not believe you then anger at being wrongfully accused is completely justified.

In fact, backwards as it is, chances are that how calm you were was part of why she did not believe that you hadn't done it as most people get pissed off being accused of something they never did.
>>
>>17736837
I think you are confusing revenge with defending for your self. Revenge ranges from petty and vindictive to destructive and probably outside the bounds of the law.

What you are describing, sounds to me like what most would cal testicular fortitude.

AKA "Having A Pair Of Balls". This can apply to females too, BTW
>>
>>17736837
There is rarely any benefit in going down to their level, only downsides.

>She yelled and screamed at me. I didn't tell back.. But what if I had?
Then it'd be two crazy people in train screaming. Instead there was one, just her.

>If someone kills your whole family, how could you not kill the person who did it?
Will it bring them back? No. Will it turn you into a criminal? Yes. Would anybody benefit from you turning a criminal? No.

Besides, killing people tends to take a toil on normal people, so you'd only fuck up your mind even more.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.