[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1434382137461.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1434382137461.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How did you get your motivation back?
>>
>be me
>graduate college
>get addicted to meth
>get arrested
>lose money, health, and mind
>gf runs off with a close friend (considered him like a brother)
>become neet
>fail license exam three times
>sucked into a black hole of depression
>somehow find the motivation to prove everyone wrong
>study my ass off 24/7
>finally pass my board exam with blood, sweat, and tears
>pursuitofhappyness.jpg

This all happened within the past year and a half. There were a lot of times where I was totally lost but somehow I prevailed. That "friend" who I considered a "brother" is still taking the same exam I studied so hard to pass. He has failed seven times last I heard from him. So I pretty much got the last laugh. Just remember when times get rough it's just a lesson to see if you can handle what life dishes out to you. It's truly up to you on how you will handle every situation and what you need to do in order to attain what you really want out of life. Nothing is impossible. Just believe in yourself.
>>
>>17736650
i must become better than the filthy degenerates who think they are better than me.
>>
>>17736664
I like this story. I think I can work hard towards something, but I'm not sure where to start. I really feel like I need therapy but I have no idea how to get that. Any alternative options?
>>
>>17736664
From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Ugly things happened. I was ten when I tried to kick the bucket. Fifteen years later, I want my life back.

I want to know how you somehow found your motivation to do things again.

I want to be better. I want to start, but I don't know where.

Please help me.
>>
>>17736685
>I think I can work hard towards something, but I'm not sure where to start
Tbqh that's all you really need. Knowing that your a capable individual can help set you into the right direction. You just have to trust in yourself and the desires that burn in you. As long as you have that you will be able to work towards what you truly want in your life. If you want it, go get it. All you have to do is start.

>>17736796
>I want my life back
>I want to be better
You know exactly what you want out of life anon all you need to ask yourself now is what things do you want out of your life to make things better? Once you know what you want you will be able to start as well. Like I said above all you really need to do is start. That is the hardest part of getting motivated in order to get something done. Once you get things into motion and it becomes routine, the answers and tasks become more clearer and concise.
>>
>>17736650

You don't need to get any motivation back. If you're really want something, you don't need any support - you'll do it anyways.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of things (most of them actually) in our lives, which we do - to some extent - because we "must" (or at least these are oue convictions). This is where we seek our motivation outside - in money, in cheesy motivational speeches, on /adv/ and so on.

And as a pill, their effect will fade pretty soon.

So called intrinsic motivation comes from the very inside of ourselves. How to get in touch with it? Make some insight and and make a list of the most important values in your life (health, family, pleasure, safety and so on). List i.e. 10 of them. Then erase 3 of them, so 7 values are left. Then do it again so 4 of them are left.

Now, as those values comes from within you, try to think how the things, that "you need more motivation to do so" are attached to those values.
>>
Who /can't find a reason to get out of bed/?

Only time I can actually get out of bed most days is when I have to piss or I'm fucking starving.
>>
>>17736650
i got high and looked at other careers. works wonders not suicidal anymore.
>>
>>17736664
you better pray that you keep your blessings because they can be taken away at any point, and you know that already.
>>
>>17736650
I looked around, saw all my friends advancing in life, and decided that I wanted to set a high goal so that even if I failed (and I WON'T) that I'd still land in a high place. Which lead me to returning to college.
>>
>>17737491
True I'm grateful every single day I'm given. I've seen the rock bottom and I have more than enough motivation to avoid going back. Even if God takes everything away from me, just know I have the blueprint my friend to succeed time and time again.
>>
You must find what is stopping you.

You also need to have a reason. Why are you bettering yourself? Wanting to look good is not a good enough reason, for me at least.

I want to be someone that my brothers look up to, and people say "Can you lift this for me? I'm sure you do this all the time"

I want to be the guy people can count on and to be an upstanding member of society.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.