[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just want a home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_3.png (566KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
566KB, 500x500px
What's the bare minimum necessary to start living on your own? Just turned 20 a few days ago. Live in Southern California.

Spent my entire life as a nerd studying useless shit. No money, No social skills, No job experience (Although have some experience in art and programming). All I want to do is live in some shitty room away from abusive parents. Is there anything I can do right now?
>>
Dorm with other college kids in apartment around cc or state college. Its around $400 a month + utility, you make close friends and get invited to parties. Seems like the best option desu.
>>
You can hop on Craigslist and see who's looking for some room mates in your area if you're that desperate.
>>
>>17736634
>>17736635
Are roommates the only viable option?

I'm fairly confident I wouldn't be able to connect with anyone. I'm not a fan of college culture and I tend to doubt there's many 20yos willing to let some geek in.
>>
>>17736641
If you want to rent an apartment most places require you to make at least two or three times the rent there. You also usually can't sign a lease by yourself if you have little or bad credit. Room mates would definitely be your cheapest option. You can do one of those sites like Airbnb or Homeaway and try to rent through those but it's pretty much the same as gambling on a room mate.
>>
>>17736641

You don't have to connect with roommates, just to get along. Most people just need someone to pay a part of the rent, then leave each other alone.
>>
What are you guys talking about?! THE guy has no MONEY!! dumpster, cardboard box, he is looking more in that direction.
>>
>>17736641
If you want to get shit all your life be a neet. Literally just be a good friend and you got a couple homies.
>>
>>17736641
Not everybody in college is a "d00d let's party" type. Tons of geeks attend college.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.