[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cheated, now what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: HenryJune.jpg (11KB, 310x237px) Image search: [Google]
HenryJune.jpg
11KB, 310x237px
TL;DR I cheated while in a committed relationship that has been on the decline, where do I go from here?

I've been with my current partner for roughly a year and three months, but recently things have been shitty. For school and work-related reasons we barely see each other anymore, which makes maintaining the relationship difficult for both of us. We've fought dozens of times as a result, once or twice to the brink of ending things, but we've always come back and reconciled with one another. Still, I haven't felt "right" about things for the last month or so.

In the last week, I've been talking to a friend (whom my partner doesn't know about) in a way I haven't before, and tonight it culminated in us making out on her couch for a while. I feel like absolute shit because I've been trying to mend things with someone I'm still in love with, but my basic instincts are telling me that what I did was going to happen no matter what I do to try and save my relationship.

I can't tell my partner about this because it will destroy her and ruin any chance of us permanently fixing things, but I don't know how long I can keep going on knowing that I've done this. I really fucked up and I don't know what steps I need to take from here on out. What do I do now?
>>
Already cheated. Its over. Might as well cheat More until your partner finds out
>>
>>17736552
Part of the problem is that my partner has gotten absurdly close to my "close" group of friends, and if they find out I cheated on her, I could lose all of my friends as a result, no matter how I spin it. It's fucked.
>>
>>17736554
I've been in a similar situation. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that your "close friends" are only closer with her now because of her vagina, though it may not be the case with all of them.

It's fucked with your girlfriend, honestly. The best long-term choice is to just own up to what happened, break the relationship yourself on this fact, any """friends""" of yours that can't deal with you making a mistake are better left behind.
>>
File: _20161031_140044.jpg (4KB, 103x135px) Image search: [Google]
_20161031_140044.jpg
4KB, 103x135px
be honest?
tell your partner what you did and that you regret it.
personally, i doubt hiding this would make your life any better, because most of the time you'll be tensed on hiding it and end up being paranoid about the other person leaking your little event with her.

what do you even fight over about
>>
>>17736550
Break up with your girlfriend. The relationship ended a long time ago, but neither of you want to be alone again. Fear of social backlash and insecurity are the only reasons you're still together.

How old are you?
>>
>>17736563
When we fight it's usually something like I can't come see her, which gets her talking like she barely knows me. I get pissed off when she does that because I don't treat her differently when she can't give me what I want/need, and that leads to fighting.

>>17736566
I get mixed signals about her wanting to not be in this relationship anymore. She tells me all the time (mostly when we're fighting) about how she hasn't been happy in a long time and how her friends all think we aren't together because we rarely are around each other anymore, but other times you wouldn't suspect that there ever even was a problem. She has an on and off switch for anger/sadness/dissatisfaction. And if it helps we are both 21, college seniors.
>>
File: _20160906_172106.jpg (12KB, 201x165px) Image search: [Google]
_20160906_172106.jpg
12KB, 201x165px
>>17736577
sounds like a chore to be around with, since all she cares about is what friends think of her
imo, you should break up as gently as possible and just focus on your studies instead of having to worry about being in a relationship.
take my advice with a grain of huge salt however, i don't know shit about being in a relationship since I've been focusing on my career mostly
>>
Don't do it again, or at least not with the same friend. Tell your partner about it if you want. Either way be prepared that she will cheat on you and break up. I guess you can somehow make it up and fix it if you really love her.
>>
>>17736550
>>17736554

Okay I think because of how you felt before you cheated and your believing the relationship was on the decline that this was your way of forcing change to occur, it's fucked up but it happened. I think you need to tell her in great detail how you feel, tell her that you did kiss another girl and the reasons you believe that led you to do so (without justifying it) and then go your separate ways. Your friends shouldn't leave you for what happened, you don't sound like a horrible person and you show remorse, you did a terrible thing but as you say you believe the relationship was ending and you haven't felt right for a while.

Also frankly I don't think your friends need to know the details of what you split up, if you're both mature adults it's between you two, no reason to go telling everyone the gory details.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.