[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /adv/ post to end all /adv/ posts. TL;DR incoming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: whygod.gif (411KB, 416x312px) Image search: [Google]
whygod.gif
411KB, 416x312px
>Throwback to July 2016
>I’m keeping myself afloat as a wage cuck (still am)
>I have a Bachelor degree in Pharm Sci but I graduated May 2014.
>Be really lost
>No goals, no action, and no change.
>Insanity and indignation.
>I am outside of God’s grace. I am without His mercy.
>”Fuck it I’ve got to make a plan”
>I’m 4 classes short from being eligible to apply to a good Pharmacy doctorate program
>”I can take the PCAT and nail these classes and maybe I’ll have a real shot at a better life.”

>Fast forward to today
>Took the PCAT.
>Bio 58/100 (percentile)
>Chem 37/100
>Crit 71/100
>QR 47/100
>Composite 51/100
>Wasn’t well prepared because of work/classes/despair/ennui
>Maybe 30 hours of study time over 4 weeks.
>Only resource was Kaplan
>Scores are better than I was expecting but not realistic for entry to grad school.
>Especially considering my GPA is only 3.0, some of my classes are from 2010 (5 year rule), and I have no viable work experience.
>I’m at a crossroads

>I’m not happy because I’d rather learn music.
>I want to learn how songs work and I’d like to make my own music.

(1/2)
>>
File: 1410919593015.png (65KB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
1410919593015.png
65KB, 400x401px
>>17735684

(2/2)

1.) I’ve thought about going for a compositional bachelor program or maybe community college but it’s just too impractical. My degree is already too old. I’d be throwing away any continuation with STEM. Unless I regain God’s mercy I’m never going to luck into a better job. I would have to wage-cuck this same job for 5 years or more to pay off my loans and build my savings back up. I’d have to start from scratch with a cc career like phlebotomy or join the military. It’d be hard to resist falling into depression or suicide.
2.) I could learn pharmacy and use 1-5 spare hours per week to teach myself music. 6 years from now I could be making bank. I could secure myself financially and then start teaching myself music more seriously. Although my life would be so fucking busy I’d probably just drop music and all of my dreams and settle for a family life. If I’m even lucky enough to get married. If I’m even lucky enough to get accepted into pharmacy school to begin with.
3.) I could just quit my job and quit school. I might luck into a better paying job. A year or two down the line I might have enough savings to really gear myself up and get hungry about teaching myself music.

What do I do? I’m making a heavy financial investment in pursuing this PharmD. It’s a half-assed emotional investment. It’s a half-assed effort. It’s unlikely that I’ll make it.

But I can’t just quit school or this job. What the fuck am I going to do for better work? What am I going to do with myself? I would be a failure. I wouldn’t be playing it safe anymore but I would be extremely lost.

The part that hurts the most is that I’m a novice musician. I have a keyboard and a guitar that I don’t have the time to touch.

So? Wat do?
>>
Why didn't you go into engineering? You would have gotten a decent job even with your shitty GPA.

Congratulations, you played yourself. As for what you can do? Music isn't the option, that is a hobby and nothing more. Regarding your degree, why not apply to work in a lab and work your way up?
>>
>>17735746
Why didn't you go into engineering?
>lol implying I have the mental fortitude or will to make it through an engineering degree.

>You would have gotten a decent job even with your shitty GPA.
So fucking true.

>Music isn't the option, that is a hobby and nothing more
Agree and disagree at the same time

>why not apply to work in a lab and work your way up?
This is a really good option I should be putting more thought into. It'd provide good financial security and good experience.

It's crossed my mind before, but I'd have to move far away from where I am now to have better opportunity for such a thing. I'm in BFE.

Thanks anon
>>
>>17735684
I think you need advice from someone more in the field. Go to a local campus's graduate fair where pharm schools would be and ask them about your situation. Or reach out to the potential school you want. Im looking into pharm too, but all the work has turned me into a depressed but efficient robot. I've lost my art groove so never give up music but make sure you have dedicated music time.
>>
>>17735904
Thank you
>>
>>17735684
Bump
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.