[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get successful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 9

File: success.png (20KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
success.png
20KB, 1600x800px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 19 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 19 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 20K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
File: Julius Caesar.jpg (187KB, 969x596px) Image search: [Google]
Julius Caesar.jpg
187KB, 969x596px
>>17735005

The only way to do this is to make your goal your obsession.

You get maybe 5 hours in a week to do whatever you want to do (I would say take it on a saturday), the rest of the time you are working toward your goal.

I have a similar goal as you, and be prepared to spend massive amounts of time with an unknown date of payoff. It will feel like you are dragging your balls through glass a lot of days.

1.) every decision you make has to either move you toward your goal or stop you from falling backward.

I will illustrate how I went about my goal to help you out, this will be multiple posts and will take some time.

The first step is define your goal:

Your goal is to become wealthy. Make it concrete, define wealthy.

Wealthy for me is a net worth of 10 million dollars and at least 10k a month in passive income in order to achieve wealth. Passive income is defined as income generated through revenue streams with very little maintenance, such as stocks that pay a monthly dividend or a service (like an app) that generates a revenue stream. This 10 million is in liquiduid capital and does not include things such as a house, car, boat, etc.

My other goal was fitness. I wished to be physically fit and maintain physical fitness, I defined physically fit as benching 225-250 @ 3x6, Squat at 315 3x6, deadlift 405@ 3x6, OHP at 160 3x6 with a run time of 6:30 a mile sustained for five miles at the bare minimum.

Including motivational pics (also watch les brown on youtube for when you need a pick me up).
>>
File: Michael Jordan.jpg (188KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Jordan.jpg
188KB, 1024x683px
>>17735068

2.) Ask yourself how much you are willing to sacrifice.

Make no joke about it, but you must know how far you are willing to go in order to achieve your goal and win. Are you willing to sacrifice your friendships, ruin your reputation amongst your friends, have your family become almost strangers, etc.? You need to sit down and say how far you are willing to go.

Most people never consider what sacrifices they need to make. They think that they would like to make a million but still live the same life they have always had. It never occurs to them they are not millionaires because of their lifestyle. They think of war as glorious and noble rather than the screaming and blood smears of teenagers dying in their own shit. They think of wealth as something idle, like a Dionysian apostle who lounges in a chaise eating grapes, when wealth is the constant, neverending struggle of maintenance and discipline.

As an anecdote. I was willing to do whatever it took. WHATEVER it took. For three years to get myself out of debt I worked at minimum 60-70 hour weeks, spent 800-1000 a month for survival (with about 3-4k for emergencies) and the rest went to paying off my debt. I paid off a 35k debt in 1 1/2 years working a full time and part time job, and that was with losing approximately 10k in the stock market in that time (which set me back 6-8 months).

You will have moments where you seriously consider you have wasted your life and want to chew on some lead aspirin, or take a stroll down the highway.

Always remind yourself these things:

1.) you are fully accountable for everything that Happens to you. You are 100% responsible for everything that happens to you. You are an adult, not a child. Own your decisions. You got t-boned by a car? You should have been paying more attention. Your boss having a bad day and yells at you for no reason? You were responsible for avoiding that situation in the first place. Landlord increases your rent?
>>
Aim towards the actual job itself, you can work out what will look good. Instead of doing what you feel like for 3 years and then trying to find some reasons why you should be a hedge fund manager, go out and get the things you need and present an ideal profile.

A wife can be found somewhere along the way, the key there is being available but not rushing.

Korean will take a long time (years) and be hard if you aren't living there. You might want to see if you can use it usefully somehow, although I'm a fan of random skills.

Gaming depends.. you could get good at a bunch of things or you could be good at Starcraft. Plenty of successful people play games like that and they do it because they like them. I rest by procrastinating on internet forums, I don't even like it, so they are beating me. If it's a cosy hobby even when you're only spending a few hours a week there, it's probably a good way to relax.
>>
File: persistence calvin coolidge.jpg (467KB, 1473x984px) Image search: [Google]
persistence calvin coolidge.jpg
467KB, 1473x984px
>>17735097

>Landlord increases your rent?

You should have paid more attention to local market forces. Feeling depressed and lonely? You chose to feel this way.

This allows you to always look for things you can do to solve your problems. Depression occurs when you feel you have no control in your environment. If you constantly force yourself to be accountable for everything in your environment, you are in control of you and your responses and can therefore plan ahead and work toward something. Action is the antithesis of depression.

2.) You can do everything right, and still lose. You must be prepared for setbacks.

This is the hardest thing about your goals. You want to believe that x+y=Z, everytime. It does not. It usually does, but sometimes it doesn't. You want to believe there is a karmic balance, that there is justice in the world. There isn't.
Whatever fairness or justice in the world there is is the kind you make for yourself (responsible for everything).

There was one day, stock trading, where I lost 10k, or about 4-6 months worth of work, in one day. about 1/3rd of my worth and capital at the time. I fought through it.

Last November, I had to quit my parttime job and stop working out because I was working 70 hours a week, working out about 5-8 hours a week, and studying stock markets 30-40 hours a week. I had been doing it for about three years, and the doctors told me I was going to get a heart attack and needed to slow down ( I went to the hospital for heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat). I was 27 at the time. So I stopped working out for about a year, dropped my part-time job, and focused on work and studying (which is about 60-80 hours a week approx).

Biggest challenge i have right now is feeling like a lazy shit.
>>
>>17735120
Take some responsibility and find doctors who can help you attain ubermensch status. If they can't help you maintain your lifestyle they are incompetent or cowards - neither of which should be tolerated. Also, tell your heart to stop being such a pussy.
>>
>>17735120

3.) everything you do must be done perfectly, with discipline and focus.

Every action you take must be done 100%. Do not half-ass anything. Everything. Allowing yourself to slip up in one area causes degradation in others, like a leaky pipe damaging a wall which causes the roof to collapse. Brushing your teeth, flossing, waking up on time, making your bed, etc. Everything must be done with purpose, efficiently, and perfectly. It sounds crazy to focus all the time on doing everything perfect, but it must be done. Do not rationalize thinking that I will relax and only do the big things perfectly. You cannot handle the big things if you are unable to handle the small things.

4.) Set realistic goals.

Don't expect to make 1 million in a day, or an hour, or a year. It takes time. It takes 10,000 hours of practice to become good at something. Don't delude yourself with fantastical imaginings, doing so will sap your of your strength and make you frustrated when you realize the difference between your dream and your reality.

5.) Move everything in your life toward achievement of your goals.

Everything I spent, ate, etc, revolved around my goal. I slept 5 hours a day because that was the minimum i needed to work effectively. I spent 50 dollars a week on food that I made myself because it was necessary to eat healthy, well, and not processed food so I had enough energy to work and mitigate health problems. I created a daily schedule with 15 minute blocks to know exactly what I would be doing at any moment so that I would not waste time. etc.

That's pretty much all I have. It will be difficult. You need to work toward it. I will still be around answering a few questions.
>>
File: 1467367755461s.jpg (20KB, 520x760px) Image search: [Google]
1467367755461s.jpg
20KB, 520x760px
>>17735142
I really respect you for taking your time writing out all this, it was a really nice ride. I screencapped this page and i will work by these words! I will not fail you sensei Anon!

Will post a picture in this reply + 3 more i want to share.
>>
File: 1467378922906s.jpg (38KB, 564x568px) Image search: [Google]
1467378922906s.jpg
38KB, 564x568px
>>17735156
2/4
>>
File: 1467379727390s.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467379727390s.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>17735159
3/4
>>
File: 1467379851170s.jpg (42KB, 425x547px) Image search: [Google]
1467379851170s.jpg
42KB, 425x547px
>>17735164
4/4
>>
OP here, anyone else got anything to share on this topci?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.