[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend was almost raped in highschool. She gets panic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 2013-08-05-Muck-And-Cover.jpg (9KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-05-Muck-And-Cover.jpg
9KB, 125x112px
My girlfriend was almost raped in highschool. She gets panic attacks whenever I say something she doesn't like and passes out multiple times a day from almost nothing. She also refuses to see a therapist or anything like that. I'm worried about her health, how can I help her?
>>
>>17734644
sounds like borderline, theres no easy fix
>>
>>17734658
But is there anything I can do to help at all? I love her, I want her to be able to live her life and know she isn't broken
>>
>>17734644
When did that happen to her?
>>
>>17734680
think of her as wanting your attention and then fearing your closeness

it hurts to be her, and it takes strength to be with her.
>>
>>17734684
You are not a doctor. Please stop giving bad advice.

OP please try to convince your gf to go talk to someone because she clearly is going through a dark period in her life.
>>
>>17734644
>almost raped
>passes out multiple times a day
If this is true you're a fucktard for believing her bullshit. She's crazy and playing you
>>
You should have her play Life is Strange.
>>
>>17734644
Give her an ultimatum. Either go see someone or your gone. She needs to see someone if she is passing out. And you shouldn't tolerate someone acting like her if she isn't trying to get help. Help yourself and her and get her some help.
>>
>>17734696
If I try to talk to her she'll just pass out.
Reading the description of borderline personality disorder does sound exactly like her. Moodswings, self harm, eating disorders, anxiety, substance abuse (though that was over well before I met her), troubled relationships.
I'm just not sure what to do. I know I can't help but she refuses to see anyone and thinks she "can't be fixed"
>>
File: 1345236989488.jpg (9KB, 275x373px) Image search: [Google]
1345236989488.jpg
9KB, 275x373px
>>17734644
rape her thus proving its no big deal !
>>
>>17734644
What happened to her is awful and it depends on when it happened. If it is really recent it's normal to feel that bad. When did that happen? Are you close enough to each other after this? Do you have sex?
>>
>>17734732
It happened some time in highschool, I didn't want to ask specifically, but I'm pretty sure 10th or 11th grade. We're sophomores in college now so 3-4 years ago

>>17734720
I wish I'd thought of this sooner. Thanks anon!
>>
>>17734644
>how can I help her?
You can't.
You aren't qualified to.
Caring about her and having good intentions doesn't remotely count towards being qualified to even have an opinion.

Find a way to make her get professional help, or run for the hills, especially if she is having melt downs because you didn't say the right thing.
>>
>>17734696
i am in fact a doctor working in a psych ward.
>>
Run as fast as you can Anon. With all due respect. This bitch sounds borderline crazy. And it is just not worth of sticking your dick in crazy.
>>
op isnt asking us if shes worth it but how to act if he thinks she is.
>>
>>17734740
making her do stuff isnt gonna work. this is a difficult thing to treat even if shes motivated and even if you find a tallented therapist
>>
>>17734740
Don't worry I'm not gonna try to pull some ghetto fake therapy shit or anything
>>17734781
Basically that, yeah
>>
>>17734644
you can't get traumatized from ALMOST being raped. that bitch is already a basket case in highschool? man you're in for a long depression from this bitch
>>
>>17734815
you can. also its not the point. there probably were multiple traumatic events that op doesnt mention and/or know about.
>>

Sounds more like a brain tumour or something
>>
>>17734815
>can't get traumatized from almost being raped

Literally what? Yes you can, there's so many situations where this could happen. What if she was tied down by a guy who started feeling her up but then managed to escape? Or she was drugged but was helped out by a passerby? The point is she's know sacred of the every day guy.

OP get her to a doctor or some sort of professional. She won't get better with relationships until she can work through her issues from high school. Some anons here are saying borderline but to me it sounds more like PTSD. Until then don't be accusatory and try engaging with her in activities that are fun or relaxing for her to help her overall mood.
>>
>>17734818
Also lot of abuse from parents and the almost rapist, who was her boyfriend for a few months before that
>>
>>17734822
a brain tumor that leads to passing out will have progressive symptoms like motor and vision problems and an increasing loss of conciousness, while the symptoms described seem to relate to stuff op does, which indicates a psychiatric problem
>>
>>17734644
>almost raped

Sure she was.

She's probably making that up because she's already an attention seeking narcissist anyways.

She's probably playing up the panic attack shit too for the same reason.

She's just a nutty, needy, attention seeking bitch, which is probably why your loser ass has settled for her.

She doesn't want to get help, because she wants her non-existent problems to exist and thrive, so she can use them for attention and whatever other weird opportunistic benefits come up. You're not going to help her, because she doesn't want help, and you're not a fucking doctor.

I'd tell you to run screaming from this. Get some self-esteem too, don't settle for shit like this.
>>
We should have an abbreviation for these possible-gf/bf-with-boarderline threads. Feels like almost daily someone drops in seeking advice on their mentally disturbed girlfriends that tick all the symptoms of BPD.
>>
>almost raped := raped except for a null set
>>
>>17734644
Mate, you need to gtfo of there

What the shit are you doing?

She sounds like pure drama, fuck that noise
>>
where is op anyway?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.