[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giving women compliments?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Why does it feel so scummy to compliment a woman?

For example, I saw a picture of this woman with a beautiful smile. It actually soothed my troubled soul and I felt more calm than I have in a long time.

I felt compelled to tell her that her smile soothed me. I did not though because it seemed scummy abd predatory. Why do I feel this way? It also felt cheesey.

Women... Do you mind if a guy compliments you?
>>
Depends on the situation and the compliment, really.

Like if somebody says "hey, I just wanted to say that I think you're pretty" ot something like that, it's no problem ay all. It's an honest compliment.

But if a guy comes up and his words or behavior suggest he has no concept of personal boundaries or appropriateness, then it puts me on edge. Like if a guy blocks the door, or says "hey baby, I wanna lick those tits" or asks me out and then doesn't listen when I say no or that I have a boyfriend. I've had guys who haven't talked to me for all of five minutes trying to gete to cheat on my boyfriend/husband with them.

Basically, be respectful and you should be good.
>>
>>17734299
I understand. I also like making people happy but I often am afraid because I don't want to piss women off with compliments. Like if I say "I like your long hair". She could take it the wrong way. So I usually just keep compliments to myself. Especially in work place.

If you say "nice dress" that could be taken as sexual harassment.
>>
>>17734325
If you don't make it sexual, then it's not sexual harassment. The key is in your behavior. If you phrase it non-sexually and then continue with what you were doing, then it's not harassment. If you leer and stare, if you invade personal space, if you demand something in return, then it's harassment.

Don't be afraid to be nice, the world needs more nice.
>>
>>17734325
"I like your long hair." is perfectly fine, what would make it weird/possibly make her uncomfortable is if you linger, basically trying to force her to talk to you, but it sounds to me like you're a genuine person who just wants to compliment people, and I think people, especially women, will get that.
>>
>>17734341
But if you say hi to a woman while she's walking in new york, you're a fucking misogynist and a rapist.
>>
>>17734299
I understand. I also like making people happy but I often am afraid because I don't want to piss women off with compliments. Like if I say "I like your long hair". She could take it the wrong way. So I usually just keep compliments to myself. Especially in work place.

If you say "nice dress" that could be taken as sexual harassment.
>>
>>17734356
Fuck mobile 4chan. Accidental double post v
>>
>>17734350
People can be shitty. Some women think everything is harassment, some men don't understand that what they think is totally okay and appropriate really isn't. You're going to find shitty people no matter where you look.

But if you're kind to people, are a good person, are respectful and make friends, they will have your back if someone falsely accuses you.
>>
>>17734260
I went through a phase where I complimented women a lot. It went pretty well, had some conversations I wouldn't have had otherwise. Then I got bored of it and stopped.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 599x510px)
image.jpg
72KB, 599x510px
>>17734260
Because feminism has fucked us all
>>
>>17734260
if she is attracted to you, it will be appreciated
if she is not, you will be considered creepy
>>
Halp

There's a woman I see regularly who I think is pretty hot (I have no idea what she thinks of me because she's always happy to see me and she gives me a lot of physical contact) and she always smells amazing... I don't know what perfume she wears but it's really awesome.

Would it be weird for me to just say "You smell nice"? I want to compliment her on it but I don't know if it'd come off as really lame...
>>
>>17734442
Doesn't sound too out of order.
>>
>>17734442
Dude, just say you like her perfume.
Please do not say "you smell nice". It's a little off. N if she's not wearing perfume +1 for you in her book.
>>
>>17734444

I'll give it a go then

>>17734482

No, she's definitely got something on and when she gets close to me I can really smell it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.