[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how soon do you ask a girl out if you've just met

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

When you've just met a girl and got along alright, how soon should you be asking her out? How well do you need to know her first? And do you have to make small talk by txt once you get her phone number?
>>
Usually during your first conversation. Just talk a bit about anything and slip the question. That is if you're an adult and not a high schooler.
>>
>>17734160
Depends.
If it's a person you don't usually meet (like some random you met at a party or at an event), then it's okay to ask her out during your first conversation.
If it's a person you meet frequently, I think you should talk for a while, like a couple of weeks at least and flirt to test the waters.
It's mostly about the consequences - if a random person turns you down who gives a shit, if your classmate for the next 3 years turns you down it becomes more complicated.

I personally hate small talk, I prefer texting sporadically.
>>
>>17734160

This >>17734187

If I can actually hang out, I wait a bit and get to know her.
>>
Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>17734160

First off, recognize that you're just asking her out. You're not making a commitment to her. You're not trying to be with her for weeks, months, years, or whatever. You're just asking her out to get to know her better.

If she says yes, then get to know her. If not, then no biggie. It's not like you had invested in a possible romantic relationship at this point.

If you try to wait to ask someone out after you've become friends, then it's generally because you've entertained the thought of some long term romance, which is where the stakes get high and rejection/acceptance leads to awkwardness.

The best way to ask her out is after you've been talking for the first time, the conversation is kind of winding to a close, and you ask her if she'd like to meet and talk again over coffee or lunch or something.
>>
>>17734207
That's a good point, thanks. In this case, it's a girl I can probably meet about once or twice a week since she hangs out at a diner near my college. I was just worried if she'd think it was weird if I ask her out "too soon".
>>
As soon as possible for I can get being rejected out of the way quickly.
>>
On a date? Ideally near the end of the first conversation, or at during the first phone call afterwards (call, don't text).

Never wait more than two weeks. Avoid waiting more than one. Failing to show interest will lead her to believe -quite reasonably, given the information available to her- that you are not interested. This is what gets you friendzoned.
>>
>>17734609
I see, thanks. I've only talked to her once in person, 2 days ago. Hopefully I meet her again today, I guess I should ask her out on a date today then.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.